June 5, 2015

thirty weeks

IMG_2384

how far along:  30 weeks (compare to 30 weeks with Ryann, 30 weeks with Elsie)

size of baby:  Approximately the size of a butternut squash, 17 inches and 3.1 pounds.

weight gain:  19.5 pounds.  In the last three weeks I've actually lost half a pound.  Again I have no doubt baby sister is growing.  I was still measuring two weeks ahead at my last appointment.  She's fine.  I just have WAY less interest in food.  There is no room for food + baby.

maternity clothes:  Yep.

symptoms:  Restless legs from hell.  Indigestion.  Super sore hips.  Swelling.  Oh the swelling.  I truly never noticed the swelling with either pregnancy before this, but man, one hot day and I can feel it.  July is going to be the death of me.  My rings are currently stuck on my finger.  My feet hurt to walk on.  I'm a mess!   

exercise:  I walked 93,546 steps.

cravings/aversions: Fruit fruit fruit.  Give me all the fruit.  Especially strawberries and watermelon.

movement: She is still a pretty active little thing in there!

sleep:  Restless legs make it hard to fall asleep.  My hips aching make it hard to stay asleep.  Sad story.

gender: Girl.
 
looking forward to:  Moving.  Less than a month!  As much as I don't really want to move (to a different city), I'm excited to have a new house to organize and decorate and set up.  I want to go through all the newborn clothes and have them in drawers and I just can't do it yet!

worries:  I know it will happen.  I had these same worries going from one to two kids.  But I'm scared that I won't connect with baby sister.  I don't know her at all.  I already have these two precious little people in my life.  How is there room in my heart for a third?  Again, this is silly.  I felt the same way before Elsie was born, and my heart just doubled in size when she came along.  It will grow again.  But at the same time it feels so strange to be bringing another little girl into the world.  And terrifying to change up what we already have, to completely throw our little family for a loop.  It will all work out though, I know it will.

what's different this time:  I have more food aversions right now than I remember having in my third trimester with Ryann and Elsie.  I'm no doubt still eating, but everything just sounds gross except fruit or salads.  And cookies.  But when do cookies every sound bad?  Also no blood pressure issues yet to speak of!

best moment this week:  I feel like all the weeks are blurring together.  I can't remember what happened two days later.  Thank goodness for instagram to remind me what we do with our days.  Getting a beautiful progress update photo from my mom was definitely a highlight.  I can't wait to get over to the new house and see it in person!

IMG_2176

Gah!  So in love with my master bath floors.  We still need to pick light fixtures and mirrors for in there, and after seeing how awesome the floors are I feel pressure to find the perfect ones.  Oh man.

No comments: