December 14, 2012

thirty weeks

BumpProgression_30Weeks

written December 13th

I had a doctor's appointment today.  Everything is looking great.  Baby Sister's heartbeat was in the low 140's/upper 130's, weight gain is fine, no protein in the urine, and belly is measuring on track.  My blood pressure was 130/82, which is higher than it has been at most appointments, but for right now still now real concern with anything.  So that is great.  Oh and my doc was pretty confident that she is head down is well.

Now I know this is controversial, but to make life easier with Chris's work schedule, we discussed the possibility of a 39 week induction.  And my doctor said she saw absolutely no problem with it as long as my cervix is favorable for an induction at that point.  She said I was induced before with no issues, and the second time around should be easier.  SO... little miss will have a birthday of February 15th if she hasn't decided to come on her own terms before then.

So uh, 9 weeks or less until I have another baby.  EEK!

how far along:  30 weeks (compare to 30 weeks with Ryann)

size of babyaccording to the bump a cucumber, between 15.2-16.7 inches long and weighing somewhere between 2.5-3.8 pounds.  Supposedly little girl is now strong enough to grasp a finger!

weight gain:  16.6 pounds.  I gained .4 pounds this week.  Still not sure how the weight gain has really slowed down considering I may or may not have polished off a bag of Mike & Ikes (yes bag, like large bag) almost entirely by myself, AND made myself sick eating too many brownies one night this week.  But whatevs.  If I can keep this trend up I'll be good.  I'd like to stay under 30 pounds gained (shouldn't be too hard), but I'm also 11 pounds from my highest weight ever (while not pregnant) so for my own sanity's sake I'd like to not see that number on the scale.

maternity clothes:  Yep.

symptoms:  Restless legs.  General uncomfortableness.  Itchy belly (which I'm sure is in part thanks to the dryer weather).  Morning nausea.    

exercise:  SEVEN WORKOUTS.  BAM.  I guess maybe that was how I combated all of the Mike & Ikes...  13.5 miles walking.  One session of the 30 Day Shred.  One 50/50 group fitness class at the gym.

cravings/aversions: All I want is Mexican food and baked goods.  Seriously.

movement: It is painful.  Often.  You can pretty much watch her body slamming my insides from across the room.  And if she could go ahead and lay off the cervix punches/kicks/headbutts whatever they are, that would be great.

sleep:  Up once a night to pee, and generally I start tossing and turning around 4am until I eventually get up sometime after 5:30.  My hips hurt a lot at night, but the gigantic pillow didn't really seem to help.

gender: Girl.  And psst... She has a name!  I promise I'll share eventually, just not sure when.

looking forward to:  Christmas.

worries:  Um, nothing really specific right now.  Just general nervousness on bringing another life into the world.  I did have a dream that Baby Sister was like 18 months old and I didn't even recognize her because I still spent so much time with Ryann.  I didn't really get it, but I woke up kind of shaken up.  In the dream though?  Baby sister had some gorgeous long hair :o).  Haha.

what's different this time:  Having a slightly more definitive end date in site is a little crazy.  And in general I just don't remember being this uncomfortable with Ryann, but I'm sure I was.  This girl just feels so... lodged? in places all the time.  I can't really sit without having pressure on my hip bones or in my ribs (or both) and laying down isn't really all that much better thanks to my hips.  And standing too long, well that doesn't feel great either.  But again, it isn't terrible.  I shouldn't really be complaining.  Yet being constantly uncomfortable for 3+ months is kind of draining.

milestones:  made it to the 30's!

best moment this week:  Am I lame if I say cleaning my fridge and pantry with my mom?  But seriously.  My fridge is so sparkly clean it makes me happy.  Hanging out with my bestie and decorating gingerbread houses was pretty fun too.  And going out to breakfast with Christopher and Ryann.  All in all, not a bad week.

And since I've hit 30 weeks, why not another little belly comparison?  It's crazy, I don't even recognize my body from the beginning.  You're looking at 10 vs 20 vs 30 weeks.  Crazy what 16 pounds can do to your body, huh?

BumpComparison_30Weeks

9 comments:

Caitlin MidAtlantic said...

You look great! How exciting to have a possible birthday in the works!!

Meghan said...

Yay! Your little girl and I would share a birthday then :)

kyna... said...

DYING to hear her name!!! Please pretty please share SOON!!! :-)
Kyna

Sweet As Boys said...

agreed, can't wait to hear the name! and of course the final nursery reveal ;) the final stretch is here. just take one day at a time. :) you look great mamma!

mandie lane said...

You look great, mama!

Libby said...

You look fabulous! (And I'm super jealous of your weight gain...lol.) Can't wait to hear her name! (And I can't believe you have a date...that's unreal. I think I'm in denial. I'm actually hoping to go late so I can take the rest of the school year off...we'll see if she cooperates!)

Alisha Jo said...

I've been reading your blog for a while (was great when I was pregnant) and rarely comment but one thing caught my eye... you mentioned that your belly itched and that was something I dealt with late in my pregnancy. I actually developed PUPPPs which started out just as my belly itching a lot and then it looked like I had heat rash on my legs (uck I know!) I don't think it has any side effects for the baby, I developed mine so late that the day I disclosed my symptoms to my doc I was induced due to Baby A having low fluid, but I know they can prescribe a cream. I just thought I'd mention it because the itching got really uncomfortable for me!

Megan said...

You are really stunning!!

Meredith said...

Go girl! Awesome job with the workouts and you look amazing!

Home stretch!