January 30, 2010

bump check: 30 weeks

30 weeks. Thats right, I am 30 weeks pregnant. As in my baby is coming (hopefully) in 10 weeks or less. Ask Chris what went through his head when I said we could possibly have a little one in our house in 8 weeks. :o)

For a little comparison, we have where I started, 20 weeks, and today at 30 weeks. Please excuse the horrible color on the 30 week pic. The white balance on my camera wasn't set correctly, and I am too lazy to change it and take another picture.





If my belly grows as much in the next ten weeks, as it did in the last ten, I'm pretty sure I'm going to tip over. That is a lot of belly!!

Baby is now around 15.7 inches long, and weighs almost 3 pounds. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision - which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face.

Thanks to my episodes of seeing sparkles, I got to visit the doctors office yet again this week. They wanted to make sure my blood pressure isn't too high. Thankfully it was only 136/90, a little high, but nothing to be too concerned about. Because it was slightly elevated they did some blood work, but everything came back normal. So please keep your fingers crossed that I don't come up with a reason for my doc to make me come in over the next two weeks. I still get the sparkle vision every now and then, but we'll just ignore that for now :o).

How far along: 30 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +15 pounds
Maternity clothes: what else could I fit in to?
Stretch marks?: still none!
Sleep: I had a couple good nights this week...
Best moment this week: working on the nursery
Movement: She was going nuts last night! Chris actually felt bad for me :o)
Food cravings: sherbert
Gender: girl
What I miss: the ability to get off the couch without serious effort
Milestones: making it to the 30's!

check back tomorrow for a nursery update!!

No comments: