May 29, 2011

fourteen months

Whoa.  Hold the phone.  You can't be serious.  My baby (toddler, eek!) CANNOT be fourteen months old.  Slow. Down. Time. Please.

IMG_2518

Ryann is growing bigger, stronger, and smarter every freaking day.  Seriously, last week she walked under the refrigerator door no problem.  Today she nailed it with her forehead.  How the heck did that happen??  She can still squeeze in to some of her 12 month clothing (mostly Carters pants and onesies), but the majority is all size 12-18 months.  Her size 4 sandals are starting to squish her cute chubby little feet.  The pediped's 12-18 month size is perfect.  The size four diapers don't look like they are going anywhere any time soon.

IMG_2429

Poor Ry is cutting all four molars right now.  Luckily one of them is just about completely in.  The kid has 12 teeth!  The eight front and center teeth plus the molars.  I'm pretty sure some of the canine teeth are working their way in as well, but it is hard to get a good look.  She is still best friends with Tylenol, ibuprofen and Orajel, but I'm hoping we will get a break from those soon.  When teething is behind us I feel like a HUGE weight will be lifted off of everyone's shoulders.  You can just tell she is uncomfortable most of the time, and there isn't really much else we can do :o(.

IMG_2561

As of this week I think we are officially down to one nap.  It still isn't the best situation, but the two naps just weren't happening anymore.  Ry usually wakes up between 6:10 and 6:30, sleeps from 12:40 to 2:15, and is out for the night between 8 and 8:15.  Twice this week she napped for over two hours, and this morning she slept until 7:15, but that definitely isn't the norm.  I really hope she can lengthen one of her sleeping sessions, for everyone's sake.  She gets really tired before bedtime, but if I put her to bed any earlier, she just wakes up earlier.  I thought that was supposed to be the opposite... what gives?

IMG_2409

Bedtime isn't quite as easy as it used to be anymore.  Ry used to love her baths SOOO much, but I know she has figured out that after bath time comes bedtime, and I think she would rather stay up and play until she passes out.  Thankfully she love love LOVES to brush her teeth, so we can lure her in to the bathroom that way, and once she is in the tub she is usually fine, but getting her in is becoming a struggle.  Speaking of a struggle, apparently changing diapers and clothes is pure torture.  I can't believe I am so mean!

IMG_2470

Berries are still a favorite food in our household.  As are crackers, and really anything that I don't particularly want to feed her a ton of.  Like sweets.  Oh man, if her daddy is eating a cookie or something of that nature she is all over it.  I suppose she is my daughter.  Thankfully she is starting to be slightly more accepting of trying new foods.  Vegetables even!  Every time she tries something new or eats a vegetable that isn't completely hidden in something we have a party.  She loves all the attention so she keeps on going.  Most of the time anyway.  Dinner is still a bit of a struggle on that front... if it doesn't come from one of the little Gerber meals cups, or isn't a chicken nugget (or veggie tot) she doesn't want it.  Generally if it isn't a waffle for breakfast, she doesn't want that either.  Although peanut butter toast is sometimes acceptable.

IMG_2531

Not surprisingly her vocabulary continues to grow like crazy.  Some words we've started hearing recently are push, on, wist (wrist), ah-kel (ankle), bid (bed), bel-bun (belly button, love this one!), piss-piss (princess, yes, it seriously sounds like piss piss when she says it), graph (giraffe), guck (truck), night-night, cookie and I'm sure a whole bunch more that I can't remember.  She says hi to people all the time.  When I start to put on my shoes and headphones in the morning before a run she tells me bye.  Ry does animals sounds for a dog, cat, sheep, cow, monkey, lion, duck, horse, owl and a frog.  For some reason she doens't like the sound I make for an elephant, so if I ask her what an elephant says, she tells me 'no'.  She also is pretty sensitive to even slightly loud noises, and tells me everything and everyone is wowd (loud).

IMG_2459

Thanks to her daddy Ryann LOVES movies.  They frequently watch them on the happy (iPad) together.  Her favorites are definitely the Toy Story series.  She will come in the family room saying mooo-vie!  Woody!  I'm sure when daddy goes back to work she will have withdrawal or something, since I don't see the need to turn on the TV that much.

IMG_2594

This little girl has definitely picked up speed in the mobility department.  I swear Chris and I are always following her around the house telling her to slow down.  And don't bother sitting down, she doesn't stay put anywhere for longer than a couple minutes.  She has also gotten much braver about testing out her climbing skills.  She tries to climb everything, and can now easily get in and out of her little pink chair.  Sometimes she will just stand up in it, with a mischievous grin on her face, waiting for you tell her to sit on her bop-pum (bottom).

IMG_2497

Baby girl, for every moment that you drive me completely batty, there are 100 moments that I can't believe how lucky I am that you are mine.  No joke, I'm pretty sure I turn to your dad at least 20 times a day and say 'I love her!'  You truly are the light of my life.  Stop growing up so fast! 

5 comments:

Stephanie Doyle said...

Oh my goodness, she is so stinkin' cute! :)

Gia said...

She makes THE BEST faces. What a cutie pie!!

Sharstin said...

i adore these picts--what a doll!

kyna... said...

The first picture on this post is adorable!! It's perfectly composed and exposed too!! Love it!!

Kait said...

Hello :) Long time lurker here. I pop over from Meredith's blog (La Buena Vida) from time to time.

I love these photos of your sweet girl! I have been looking for something different for our little guys second year of pictures, and I love the chalk board! We may have to give it a whirl. I think he might just eat it though :)