July 9, 2016

ryann's art party

It only took me three months to post these photos...

This year we went round and round on what to do for Ryann's birthday party.  There was talk of inviting her whole class to somewhere not our house, having a few friends at our house, not having a party and having a whole special day for Ryann, a puppy party, another unicorn party, etc.  Both her and I were having a hard time settling on a location, a guest list, and a theme.  Ultimately we ended up inviting the girls from her class to an art party at our house, and I think it turned out great.

We lucked out with warm weather, so we were able to set up some art activities in our garage, as well as let the girls play outside.  We did invite them in for snacks and sweets, but otherwise the majority of the party was outdoors.  I tried my best to remember that five and six-year-olds don't really care about the decorations.  Ryann is used to me going big for a party, so I still wanted it to be exciting for her, but we managed to get some big bang for our buck with a pack of brightly colored paper and splatter painting some cheap table linens.

Ryanns6thBdayParty_8_web
Ryanns6thBdayParty_3web
Ryanns6thBdayParty_2
Ryanns6thBdayParty_9
Ryanns6thBdayParty_4

We held the party at 1:00pm, so we focused on snacks and sweets.  Ryann requested summer sausage, pirates booty and pretzels, as well as some of Jenny's cake pops.  We added in cheese and crackers, chocolate covered strawberries, and cookies.

Ryanns6thBdayParty_7
Ryanns6thBdayParty_5
Ryanns6thBdayParty_6
Ryanns6thBdayParty_10

For favors the girls made out pretty well.  They got to take home a mini paint can full of sixlets (I love sixlets.  Like a lot.  I don't know why.), their projects (a canvas painting and a washi tape covered frame) and a personalized apron.  I bought the aprons at Hobby Lobby and used my silhouette to cut out each girl's name.  I bought my heat transfer glitter from this etsy shop.  The shipping is pretty quick and they have a very wide selection! The easel that the paint cans are on came from Ikea.

Ryanns6thBdayParty_1web
Ryanns6thBdayParty_19

Ryann had fun, I think the girls had fun, and despite having nine kids under the age of seven in my house, it was surprisingly relaxed!

Ryanns6thBdayParty_11
Ryanns6thBdayParty12
Ryanns6thBdayParty_13
Ryanns6thBdayParty_14
Ryanns6thBdayParty_15
Ryanns6thBdayParty_16web
Ryanns6thBdayParty_17
Ryanns6thBdayParty_18
Ryanns6thBdayParty_20

No comments: