February 7, 2018

miss arden rae

IMG_3627

Miss Arden Rae
7 pounds 2 ounces  |  20 inches
January 12th, 2018  |  1:04pm

I apologize for not sharing sooner, I know most people who still occasionally read the blog also follow me on instagram (the blog killer of the universe).  But some of you do not, so here you go!  Miss Arden Rae was born on January 12th at 39 weeks after a successful elective induction.  I'm working on writing out her birth story, but until then, labor was mostly uneventful, delivery was intense but uncomplicated, and I couldn't be more in love with our new precious little one.

I first came across the name Arden from a sweet little girl in Elsie's dance class when we lived in Kansas City.  It was different, but not absurd.  We considered it when I was pregnant with Thea, but obviously opted for Thea instead.  During this pregnancy we toyed with several names, Gemma, Harlow, Genevieve, Penelope... but ultimately we loved Arden the most, and I love the fact that it currently isn't anywhere close to the social security top 100.  Her middle name, Rae, is after my mother.

With as much help as my mother has provided over the years, and even more so now as we have brought home baby number four, I think she earned a namesake.  :)  Both she and my father have been amazing, taking and picking up children from here and there, cooking, watching the big girls, helping with lots of tasks.  I feel like we've almost seamlessly transitioned to a family of six, all because they have been so helpful.  We've had other family and friends lend a hand or a meal as well, and truly it has made such a positive impact on this post partum period.  I'm so grateful.

The girls are all very much in love with their baby sister.  Thea acts as if she has always been a part of the family, and while there have been a few trying moments, they have been very very few.  She has been incredibly helpful when I ask for something (a diaper, wipes, burp cloths), and has basically continued on like nothing has changed.  And honestly any poor behavior she has can easily be chalked up to the fact that she is two and has old sisters who don't always model the best behavior.  As in, she has the eye roll and the "uggghhh MOM" down.  Oy.

Arden has been such a sweet little baby.  Evenings are the fussiest, and so far no dice on her just laying down and falling asleep on her own.  Typical of our children.  What on Earth do I do to ruin them from the get go?  She has given me a few nights with amazing stretches of sleep in her three weeks of life, and nurses like a champ.  And spits up like a champ too, also typical of our babies.  But more on her in less than a week when she'll already be a month old.  Hold me.  Time is going way too fast.

It's crazy to look at our family pictures now, and know this is it.  This is my family.  No more wondering and waiting how our puzzle will be put together.  It is complete.

IMG_3642
photo by Adrienne Maples

11 comments:

LisaM said...

I have been checking several times a day to see if you posted yet, I need to get on board with instagram! She is a doll and I am so happy for you that everything went well. Congrats, your family is beautiful. You are blessed.

Tanya said...

Beautiful. Congratulations!

Liz Runningmomma said...

Congratulations! She is perfect and I love that family photo!😍

Asia to Africa said...

OH MY!!
Yes I have been checking regularly to see her arrival!! What a beautiful name!

I just love that picture of your family and seeing how beautiful, yet different each of your girls are. You are truly blessed as the word says, children are a reward/blessing from the Lord.

Wow...You look so great too! Amazing mom of 4! I look forward to more birthday and celebration pics over the year...

My little Jayme is the same age as Thea so its often nice to relate...we lost one the same time you lost your baba and then lost another when you fell pregnant with Arden...so this year is our last chance to give it one more try.
Also just feel my family is not complete yet.

I have loved "partnering" in a way on your journey with you.

Asia to Africa said...

PS - how would one follow you on Instagram???

Ellyson said...

Congrats! Baby is beautiful. I tried to add you on Instagram, but I think the approval is pending. :)

Ashley said...

You’d search for my handle, thedomesticwannabe. My account is set to private so let me know if you request so I can add you!!

Ashley said...

What’s your handle? I have a tendency to not approve anyone. Lol.

Ashley said...

Thank you!!

Ashley said...

Thanks so much!

Ashley said...

Thanks!! :)