May 8, 2010

this and that

:: It's difficult to blog when a cute little cuddle bug refuses to nap anywhere but in my arms. Yes I am typing this post one handed.


:: I've decided Ry and I should get along rather well in the future (not that we don't now, but she is an infant, how much can we really have in common thus far?). I eat Lucky Charms for breakfast. I use Kid's Sparkle Crest toothpaste. I really want to watch The Rescuers Down Under right now. I made mac and cheese with sausage for dinner this week. I think all of those things would make a kid happy, would they not?

:: Thanks to my napping friend, the easiest thing for me to do right now is click around the internet. Yesterday I got lost in blog world, and have so many crafts I want to try, and inspiring images I need to store. When I have use of both my hands I'll share some of the blogs I am now addicted to.

:: In the interest of my invitation designs getting done, we have decided it would be a good idea to set up a more permanent office for me upstairs. You know, as opposed to my computer and printer being on top of the bar, my feet propped up on a shelf full of alcohol. Not to mention my mantel has become a storage shelf for printed invitations and there is an ink supply store in the corner of the room. Where will my new home be? Well, I'm hoping the family room closet. I'll let you know how that goes.

:: Thanks to all of my blog browsing, I seriously wish I knew how to sew. There are so many talented crafty ladies out there who do amazing things with a needle and thread. Anyone want to take a sewing class with me? :o)

:: I have a confession. Along the lines of the above topic, I am having a hard time not purchasing various patterns of fabric. I adore fabric now, but have no idea what to do with it. I just want stacks and stacks of beautiful fabric.

That is all :o)

2 comments:

Lovely Little Nest said...

Rescuers Down Under is my absolute favorite!!

And your baby is so, so precious. Have a lovely day! :)

The Barkemeyers said...

I want to learn how to sew too! My mom used to make our clothes when we were kids, and she still does all of my mending and fixing. I'd like to be able to do it myself.

PS Ry is still adorable! Can't wait to finally meet her in a month and a half!