September 4, 2013

a day in the life - caits

Good news?  I remembered to schedule this to post before going to bed.  Bad news?  I've stayed up too late watching old So You Think You Can Dance performances on youtube.  It makes me want to go take a class, and maybe stretch so I can be flexible again!  I love that show so much.  Anyway... I hope you enjoy a peek at a day in the life of Caits!


Hi I'm Caits. I have a 1 year old daughter, called Monster, and another baby on the way, due in January. I work 4 days a week and am home with my kiddo on Wednesdays. Here's a glimpse of a recent Wednesday with my monster. Oh, and my husband, JT, is home too because he's currently a full time student. (you might remember me from last time).

I wake up early 3:30-4ish and can't fall back asleep. This pregnancy insomnia stuff is ridiculous. I lie in bed until JT gets up with monster at 6:45. Then I check my blogs, instagram, and twitter before finally heading downstairs for some coffee at 8. I forgot that JT had some meeting at school this morning, so he was almost out the door before I got up.

While he's gone, monster and I watch some Curious George and Cat in the Hat... she decides to chew on a pen and write on her face, hence the mustache. When he gets back, I go through some laundry piles, keep the cat out of monster's room, pick up around the house and get monster and myself ready to go. I have a doctor appointment and she is going to grandmas.

Around 10:30 we head out the door to drop monster off with her grandma so we can go to my ultrasound at the clinic. It's the big fetal anatomy survey and I am super anxious/excited. Once at the clinic, we meet up with a lady and sell our jogging stroller in the parking lot. a little extra cash, how nice. Then we go inside, I pee in a cup and wait in the waiting room forever. Finally we get ushered into the exam room! yay!

After the ultrasound, JT and I decide to have lunch at Olive Garden. whoo hoo for neverending pasta bowls and peach bellini!! Yum!

After lunch,  we go to Target before picking up monster to pick out the first purchase for our new little one. Such a fun little secret to have for a little while. After picking up monster, we go home. She sleeps, I sort of sleep, and JT does some homework. Such a boring family we are. 


Then JT goes to class, I feed the monster, give her a bath, and put her to bed. While JT is gone and monster is sleeping, I get supper ready for tomorrow and watch My First Place and other shows on HGTV. I can't remember the last time I've watched this much TV in one day. Hooray for JT going to class and me getting to watch my silly TV shows. :-)

And now, Ashley's questions:
-What is the most surprising thing to you about being a mom? 
How I feel like I am not good at it a lot of the time because I get frustrated and overwhelmed... but monster is turning out pretty okay, so I guess I'm doing okay too.
- What advice would you give to new or soon-to-be mamas?
Every baby is different, what works for one will probably not work for another, so don't sweat comparing your kiddos to every other one out there. 
 -What are your top three baby products?
Right now we're loving the Little Einstein activity table, Desitin, and Aveeno baby wash (smells so good!)


Thanks for sharing your day with us Caits!

No comments: