January 13, 2014

i want ALL the chocolate.

Twelve days.

Ok eleven days.  How about we say eleven and a half days.  That is how long I've gone so far without any sweets.  We did make a little pit stop at The Melting Pot for dessert after celebrating Christopher matching in to a fellowship, and I absolutely don't regret that one little bit.  But aside from that I haven't had any sweets yet this year.

Originally I had planned to just go the first week without any sweets with the hopes of kicking the habit yet again of essentially eating half a bag of chocolate chips one handful at a time throughout the day.  But then with some of my friends shooting for the whole month I felt a little guilty about stopping after one week.  Not to mention my craving for sweets hasn't really lessened at all.  I figured for sure by now I wouldn't be missing it.  But no, I stand in the middle of the kitchen after nearly every meal torturing myself, toying with the idea of giving up and just eating some damn chocolate.

I so wish I didn't have such a lame relationship with food.

Running at least a mile every day in January is going well.  It is helping at least keep my weekly mileage up a tiny bit.  I'm doing nearly all my running on the treadmill right now and I have to be in just the right mood to convince myself to stay on that thing longer than 3.5 miles.  Oh well.  Hopefully when I need to start training for a half a couple of weeks from now the weather will be slightly warmer (HA) and I'll get to do a little more running outside.

Other than that nothing exciting to report.  I think I've lost two pounds, but I still fluctuate a lot so it's hard to tell.  But I'll pretend it's true.  Hoping to be down another two by the end of the month!

 

Link up your health and fitness related posts below!

2 comments:

Liz Runningmomma said...

I have very little self control when it comes to sweets. I find myself doing the same thing after meals. Lately I've talked myself into having hot chocolate as my sweet treat which at least keeps the calorie count down a little.

The treadmill is rough! The only way I ever enjoy it is with a tv right in front of me and it has to be something with no commercials or I have half a mind to hop off during them!

Anonymous said...

Holiday Dove Chocolate on sale at the grocery store for like $1.50 per bag. I'm going to turn into a piece of chocolate. I totally feel your pain!