July 18, 2015

thirty-six weeks

Baby3_36Weeks

A guy who was checking out some water issues were having in our basement (yay, of course), asked me how far along I was.  When I told him he said I must be carrying a small baby.  Thanks dude, but that belly feels GIGANTIC.

Unrelated, things just keep getting better and better.  Ha.  Haha.

On Tuesday I had my nurse's appointment to recheck my blood pressure after last weeks high reading.  I knew it wasn't going to be good when the nurse had to squeeze the thing tighter because she didn't catch the first number.  My first reading was 172/94.  Well that's no good.  She left me for a little bit, came back and rechecked it.  The recheck was 128/70, which is perfectly fine, obviously.  But that first number sucked.  Which is exactly what my doc said when she poked her head into the room.  There was no protein in my urine, and my labs were stable from the week before, so the diagnosis is still just gestational hypertension.  No pre-e.  Her recommendation?  Bed rest.

Naturally, my first stop after the appointment was Target.  I follow directions really well like that.

I'm doing my best to take it easy.  But I just feel like there is so much to do and I don't want to put everything on Chris and my parents.  My daily step count has dropped to between 5,000 and 6,000.  Christopher is taking my blood pressure daily or if I'm feeling really crummy, and other than Tuesday, we haven't seen a reading over 135/85.  I'm taking naps and spending time on the couch.  I'm just not fully adhering to the doctor's advice.  We'll see how everything goes at my next appointment.       

how far along:  36 weeks (compare to 36 weeks with Ryann, 36 weeks with Elsie)

size of baby:  I'm starting to not believe the What to Expect.  Baby girl should be around the size of a large cantaloupe, and it says 19-22 inches and around 6 pounds.  Seeing as both girls were born at 38 weeks weighing just over 6 pounds and only 19 inches long, I'm guessing the approximation doesn't apply to my kids.  But maybe number three will prove me wrong.

weight gain:  I forgot to weigh myself, but I'm guessing around 27 pounds.  I've developed a love for the Tostitos cantina style chips so that isn't really helping anyone.

maternity clothes:  Regular clothes just plain don't fit for the most part.  So yes.

symptoms:  Headaches and nausea.  Swelling.  Restless legs.  General uncomfortableness.  Basically, I feel really pregnant.  Not all that surprising four weeks from my due date.

exercise: 57,226 steps.  I know I've got less than three weeks until this little girl will be here.  Who knows, it might be only a week.  But I'm frustrated with the need to 'lay around'.  I mean maybe with my first pregnancy I would have been all over the excuse to do nothing.  But I got things to do.  Places to go.  And watching other girls on instagram with similar due dates hit the gym, or walk four miles, I'm jealous.  I'm sure I'll be over it soon though.

cravings/aversions:  Watermelon.  Food in general.  Cookies are cool too.  And I really want a milkshake.

movement:  She still is pretty crazy.  And the girls just love trying to catch her move.  Elsie thinks it's a fun game, and Ryann likes to snuggle with my belly.

sleep:  Some days are fine, some days really suck.  The night before my appointment I maybe slept for four hours, for no reason at all.  I'm wondering if a super crappy night of sleep had anything to do with  my blood pressure being so elevated.

gender:  As far as I know, still a girl!

looking forward to:  Seriously it is stupid how much I'm looking forward to sleeping on my stomach.  And I'm hoping baby girl can hold out throughout the next week because I've got a pool date with friends on Monday, a hair appointment on Tuesday, a pedicure on Friday and we're supposed to be celebrating Christopher's birthday next weekend.  Again, all of those obviously adhere to the bed rest recommendation...

worries:  As much as I'm excited to meet our little girl, I'm worried that she'll have to make her appearance this coming week.  Just hang on one more week girlie!  I guess really I should be telling that to my body...

what's different this time:  This is the worst my blood pressure has been this early on, and the bed rest recommendation is new.  With Elsie I was going to the gym up until 37 weeks.

best moment this week:  Several evenings this week we've gone to my parent's house for dinner, and then gone swimming in their pool.  I'm loving it.  Elsie figured out how to swim with the puddle jumper and slowly but surely the girls are getting braver in the water.  We'll turn them in to little pool loving fish sooner or later!

IMG_4229

Also getting some fun baby things in the mail was pretty awesome as well.  And unpacking all the little newborn clothes.  I love little baby things.  :)

2 comments:

Erin said...

I hear you on the pregnant women jealousy!! I actually was very jealous of your pic in the pool yesterday :) I am currently wearing pads in case of bleeding and since I just don't know if/when a bleeding episode would happen, I don't want to risk it in a pool. We are going to one today but I'll just be lounging in the shade - not nearly as fun or pleasant in 90 degrees!! Just a few more weeks....

Liz Runningmomma said...

Don't you love getting comments that you don't look as pregnant as you are? Someone told me that at 37 weeks and totally made my day! I understand your pain with the bed rest. I ran up until the day my son was born. Then I was dilating already at 34 weeks with my daughter so the doc said no more running until 37 weeks. It drove me crazy! You look adorable and I love your swimsuit!