May 11, 2015

twenty-six weeks

Baby3_26weeks

started writing this Friday but never finished it...

Thanks to all the cleaning and organizing in preparation for the house going on the market in less than a week (with a before list showing this weekend!) pregnancy posts are all I can muster right now.  Better than nothing I suppose.

how far along:  26 weeks (compare to 26 weeks with Ryann, 26 weeks with Elsie)

size of babyaccording to the bump a head of lettuce, between 13.6-14.8 inches long and weighing somewhere between 1.5-2.5 pounds. Baby girl's eyes are forming and will soon open.  She is also taking practice breaths of amniotic fluid and starting to build up her immune system by absorbing my antibodies.  Hopefully I've got some good ones!  According to my What to Expect app baby girl is the size of an eggplant and only 9.2 inches.  Who knows!

weight gain:  18 pounds.  No gain this week.  Thank goodness.

maternity clothes:  Absolutely.

symptoms:  Stupid stupid STUPID restless legs.  Also I think I'm running out of room for my stomach, I've been a little queasy here and there and quickly feel uncomfortable if I eat too much.

exercise:  Still just lots of walking.  85,729 steps covered this week.  It was my first full week without the gym membership, so I put the girls in the BOB for more walks than usual.  Pushing 70+ pounds of kid up hills while nearly 26 weeks pregnant is TOUGH!

cravings/aversions:  Not craving anything in particular, and no real aversions.  I just always want food.

movement:  Some days she is absolutely crazy and some days are pretty tame.  But I have had some definite painful movements throughout the week.  I told Chris the kicks and jabs aren't so bad, it is the 'stretch and stay there' that kills me.  Like she is just trying to get some room and pushes on everything will all her itty bitty might at once.

sleep:  Not too bad.  We've been staying up late getting stuff done around the house, but once I'm out, I'm OUT.

gender: Girl.

looking forward to:  Going to Georgia and selling our house.  I just want it to sell quickly so bad.

worries:  Right now I just tend to get anxious about stupid stuff and house stuff.  Nothing really baby related.  I'm thankful for that.  I don't have any serious issues, every thing seems to be progressing as it should, so I just get to enjoy the pregnancy (more or less, I'm not always the best pregnant person)!

what's different this time:  Not too terribly much.  Being pregnant in the warmer months is making getting dressed more difficult.  I have picked up things here and there so it isn't like I'm without a wardrobe, but still, I have a much larger plethora of winter maternity clothes.  Also I seriously can't stand the way most of my 'comfy' clothes fit.  They just aren't comfortable.  Sad story.

best moment this week:  The girls played together so sweetly for like two hours Thursday morning.  They don't always get along, but they definitely have a fierce love for each other, and when they can cooperate and play and be absolutely adorable together, my heart just melts.  I hope so much that my three girls will love spending time together for many years to come!

No comments: