May 2, 2015

twenty-five weeks

So I'm sucking at blogging.  What's new.  Trying to get the current house market ready + renovating the new house + life = lack of computer motivation!  (And lots of other kind of motivation too...)

Baby3_25weeks

how far along:  25 weeks (compare to 25 weeks with Ryann, 25 weeks with Elsie)

size of baby:  Quite possibly the size of a rhutabega.  Honestly, I don't even know what that is. 

weight gain:  18 pounds.  (insert monkey covering eyes emoticon here, yikes!)

maternity clothes:  Absolutely.  I need some maternity workout pants or something.  My workout pants are miserable.

symptoms:  Restless legs like crazy in the evening.  And just general uncomfortableness.  But nothing awful.

exercise:  Walking walking walking! Plus a teeny tiny bit of running thrown in there again.  It's just, the running feels totally fine when I do it, well, as fine as it can be to run with a bowling ball strapped to your middle.  But shortly afterwards I feel like I'm being punched in the groin and my right hip is on fire.  Somehow I'm still finding it worth it?  Ha.  Looking back at my post with Elsie I want to beat myself for not keeping up with strength training.  My arms were so much more toned!  I got in 94,787 steps this week.  I've been trying to get on the treadmill or go for a 30 minute walk each day, even if I've already met my step goal.  One of these weeks I want to hit 100,000 steps just so I can say I did.

cravings/aversions:  Food.  What's new.  Although sugar is starting to affect me more and more and I REALLY want to will myself to eat healthier.  I'm just not doing it.  Nobody to blame but myself.

movement:  Some days it is totally crazy and I want to know what the heck she is doing in there.  Like why is she trying to escape through my belly button?  And some days I notice movement, but it is nothing to write home about.

sleep:  I never get enough but it isn't that bad.  I had some contractions or braxton hicks or something for like an hour one night this week and that was frustrating and uncomfortable.

gender:  As far as I know, still a girl!

looking forward to:  Selling our house.  Less than two weeks before it is supposed to go on the market and I'm already ready for the process to be over.

worries:  Mostly just house stuff on both ends right now.

what's different this time:  Truthfully I think my pregnancies have progressed pretty similarly each time, but the amount of actual time I have to devote to thinking about the pregnancy and the baby and the gigantic life change that is coming our way is less and less.  I can't picture another little person, another little girl! in our family unit.  But it's going to happen and it's going to be awesome.

best moment this week:  I could say celebrating my birthday, but Elsie did puke all over me in the middle of her classroom on Wednesday, so that made it slightly less exciting.  The first part and last part of the day was pretty good though, so I'll get over it.  Seeing my friends from college was pretty amazing.  And getting to snuggle a baby for a little bit.  That was pretty great.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Happy birthday! It's funny, my birthday was Tuesday. No barf for me, but my daughter had the world's biggest pee accident all over an upholstered hospital bench & I had to go get someone to get something called "the extractor" to clean it. So embarrassing. But I also got to snuggle a friend's newborn! I guess this is what birthdays are like when you're a mom, huh?