June 26, 2015

thirty-three weeks

Baby3_33Weeks
 
Had another appointment this week.  Both girls got to go with me, it was a blast, naturally.  Haha, honestly they weren't that bad until like the last few minutes, but I'm thankful I've gone this long without having to take them both with me.  Everything is still looking good, and we discussed an induction at 39 weeks.  Again I know elective inductions aren't approved by all, but I refuse to miss the first day of kindergarten (which is basically my due date) so I'm over it.  Not to mention I've yet to make it to 39 weeks before needing to be induced anyway.  So, if baby girl hasn't made her debut by August 6th that will be her birthday!  6 weeks or less to go.  Craziness!
    
how far along:  33 weeks (compare to 33 weeks with Ryann, 33 weeks with Elsie)

size of baby:  according to my What to Expect app, baby girl is weighing in around 4.5 pounds and measuring somewhere around 19 inches long.

weight gain:  24 pounds.

maternity clothes:  Yup.  Although pajamas are preferred.

symptoms:  Restless legs and swelling are by far the most prominent right now.  And the giant belly.  Truthfully this week has been hard.  I'm starting to get really uncomfortable and a lot of times my urge is to lay on my stomach to feel better.  But that isn't an option, so I just wanna cry.  I hate that I'm not really enjoying the pregnancy at all right now.  It very well could be my last one.  But I'm so done.  I've been nauseous a lot, and getting headaches, but the few times I've had Chris take my blood pressure it has been fine, so everything just adds up to being pregnant.

exercise:  84,251 steps this past week.  I'm still averaging over 10,000 steps a day, but each day it gets a little bit harder.  I need to spend more and more time resting or my legs ache and swell.  It's annoying, but it's life.

cravings/aversions:  Watermelon.  All the watermelon.  I've had giant bowls of watermelon for lunch at least three times this week.

IMG_3370

movement:  Occasionally she hits a nerve in my sides or something and holy cow.  It definitely makes me gasp.  She gets the hiccups a lot too.

sleep:  Still regularly relying on half a benedryl to get the job done.  I usually wake up at least once a night to go to the bathroom.

gender:  Girl.  And honestly that is another part of the pregnancy that is just getting old.  Not that we're having another girl.  I'm thrilled.  I can't wait to meet her.  Just like I was with both of her sisters.  I love shopping for headbands and cute little rompers and oogling all the little baby girl things.  But I'm so over every single person asking if we know what we're having, and then having to have a full conversation about the fact that we're not having a boy.  My poor husband.  Will we keep trying for a boy?  I'm sure plenty of you know how it goes.  There are some women who will tell me they came from a family of girls and how much they loved it and I do enjoy hearing those things.  But, I just... Oy.

looking forward to:  Moving in to our new house next week!  I mean, I think I'm looking forward to it.  There is going to be a lot of chaos and craziness going on in the next few weeks, but I really am looking forward to start settling in to our new home.

worries:  I don't really know what I'm worried about right now.  There are so many big things going on, and it is stressful and crazy and exhausting.  But I'm not particularly worried.

what's different this time: Apparently I was swollen with Ryann.  I don't really remember it.  But I know there is no way I was this swollen with Elsie.  Thankfully it is only from the knees down that I'm aware of.  I'm still able to wear my rings.

best moment this week:  Getting the nursery painted!  I'm loving watching it come together.  And the rest of the house in general.  But baby things are always especially fun.

1 comment:

Erin said...

The gender commentary would be maddening. I get annoyed enough at a few people commenting that I'm insane for having 3 kids (which I sometimes agree with, so I guess I get it). It's pretty tough to enjoy being pregnant at this stage really... nice to have an end point! I've never really had that before, and it really is making it a lot easier, although for me I wish it was a few weeks later :-/