June 14, 2015

thirty-one weeks

Baby3_31Weeks

Thirty-one weeks.  I'm legit pregnant now, right?  Haha, but 31 weeks sounds a lot closer to the end than 30 weeks did.  And I'm feeling quite pregnant.  So there's that.

I had another doctor's appointment this week.  My regular OB is out of town so I saw one of the male doctors in the practice.  He was actually recommended to me by more than one person early on with Ryann, but I was super anti a male doctor.  Turns out he is super nice (just like everyone said) and I really like him.  I still prefer a female doctor, but I wouldn't be upset if he was on call when I delivered.  The appointment was incredibly uneventful, aside from the TDAP vaccine, and he thanked me for being most likely his easiest patient of the day.  #winning

Something I'm not so much winning at lately, I feel like anyway, is parenting.  The mommy guilt is in full force, because I'm tired.  I want the girls to entertain themselves.  But they want me.  They need me.  And I feel like I should be giving them lots of attention before I completely rock their world.  But bending over sucks.  Getting up and down off the floor sucks.  Ugh.  Most days I suck it up and do my best, but I know I yell to much and tell them to wait a minute too much and overall just expect them to be more independent than they really need to.  I know it is just a season of life, but I still feel bad.  And seriously, poor Elsie isn't going to know what to do with herself when baby sister is here.  She is still very much a mama's girl through and through.  I think she is going to hate me.

how far along:  31 weeks (compare to 31 weeks with Ryann, 31 weeks with Elsie)

size of baby: A coconut perhaps?  About 18 inches long and 3.2 pounds.  For some reason Ryann thought the idea of a coconut in my belly was hilarious.

weight gain:  22 pounds.  Not at all surprised after not gaining anything for three weeks.

maternity clothes:  I'm actually wearing a non maternity shirt today, but it's really stretchy.  So it doesn't count.  Yes, maternity clothes.  And some of those shirts are nearing the too short end.

symptoms:  A big f-you to restless legs.  I'm exhausted in the evenings and I just want to lay on the couch and watch HGTV, but I can't freaking sit still.  Broken record much?  Also just some nausea and exhaustion sitting in here and there.  I'm just starting to feel very, well, pregnant.  Not that I really remember what it is like to feel normal.  Some braxton hicks here and there.

exercise:  86,572 steps this week.

cravings/aversions: Chris is referring to me as a 'fruitivore'.  It is all I truly want.  The girls and I went through one cantaloupe, 2 mangoes, 3 pounds of strawberries, 4 peaches, half a pound of blueberries and 4 apples in about 4 days.  That is absurd.

movement:  According to my app Babs (as Chris and I have taken to calling baby sister, sorry girl!), is starting to develop a more regular sleep and wake cycle, and I would say that is consistent with how movement has been.  When she is active she is very active, but there are more calm quiet periods now.

sleep:  The laying down to go to sleep part SUCKS.  It's miserable.  But once I'm actually asleep I'm usually good until 5am or later.  I'll take it.  My hips have been very sore when I wake up and I am counting the days until I can lay on my belly again.

gender: Still a girl as far as I know.

looking forward to:  Decorating the new house.  I'm so anxious to get stuff set up.  Better uh, pick out carpet first!

worries: My mom caught my mistake.  I copy and paste these from my posts with Elsie and just change out the stuff for this pregnancy.  Apparently I was worried about Christmas last time.  Right now I'm just worried that three kids are going to make me completely lose my mind.  Haha.

what's different this time:  The only time I've ever experience swelling like I have been, was after Elsie was born because they had pumped me so full of fluids.  A summer pregnancy is very much different than a winter/spring one!

best moment this week:  Totally blanking on this one and I just don't care.  I'm so lazy right now I don't want to make my brain work.

1 comment:

vimax said...

nice post, thanks for sharing..