Well look at that, I managed to get these goals written down before February!
In 2015 I just wanted to survived. So much change happened for our family, I just wanted to get through it. It was fun, the year brought us the end of a medical education era, a new home, a new city, little Miss Thea, and so much more. But it was certainly exhausting. I finally feel like we're finding our place, falling into a slightly more comfortable routine.
I didn't make any resolutions per say. But I do have some goals for the year. Things I hope to complete or accomplish. I do better with a more concrete list. Of course I'd love to spend more time with my husband, be a better mother, etc. But that is all relative and based on perspective and opinion. I'm discovering that I am a very black and white no nonsense kinda girl.
1. Complete a Whole30. Fancy that, I'm currently 28 days in! I can't say it has been a perfect Whole30. All the foods I'm eating are compliant, but I'm snacking way more than I should be. I blame it a little bit on nursing, and a lot on the fact that I just love to eat.
2. Run a half marathon. I've started training for an April half. This weekend I have to run four miles, my longest run in almost a year. I've been slowly building my stamina back up over the last few weeks. It's daunting, and sometimes I want to give up, but I think everyone close to me can agree that I'm a much happier person when I'm running. I actually hope to run four races this year, two halves, the Mother's Day 5k, and one race to be determined. Four just sounded like a good number, and enough to keep me busy.
3. A family project 52. In 2014 we took a family photo weekly, and I absolutely love looking back on them. The fam pretty much hates having to take pictures so I didn't press the issue last year. But I'm sad about that, so we're back at it this year!
4. Print my blog books. Really I want to print a ton of photo books. But I keep imaging what would happen if blogger just up and disappeared on me. I'm grateful for my chatbooks and all the memories they have preserved. Now I need to get my blog posts printed out so I don't lose them!
5. Find a red lipstick I love. Dumb? Yes. Probably. But I'll be 30 in April and it's about damn time I learn how to do my hair and make-up like an adult. I've used the same brand and colors of make-up for probably close to 10 years now.
6. Read the Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up. I got this book last year right before we moved, but have yet to read it. I want to read it and organize our entire house. We've got a lot of space to hid junk in here and I don't want it to pile up!
7. Read 10 books. I love reading. I really do. But it is one of the first things to go when I need to find more time. I spend a lot of time on social media. I could use even 15 minutes a night of that time I usually spend staring at my phone to enjoy a book!
And I couldn't let the New Year go by without dressing up the baby. Thea is younger than Ryann and Elsie were at their first New Year, so I couldn't do the photos the same way. But close enough. And she is still adorable.