February 4, 2010

banana bread

There are two things that I bake the most in our house... the first is brownies, the second, chocolate chip banana bread. This is my mom's recipe, I just added the chocolate chips :o).


Ingredients:
1 cup crisco
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cold water
3 ripe bananas
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
a pinch of salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together crisco and sugar. Then add in the eggs and water. Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut up bananas and mix in. Stir in chocolate chips if desired.
3. Put in a greased 9 x 5 laof pan and bake for approximately one hour. Check with a toothpick or skewer to see if bread is done.

I believe my mom splits her dough into two smaller loaf pans, but all I have are the big ones.

Enjoy!

No comments: