February 6, 2010

bump check: 31 weeks

Woot!!! We are down to single digit weeks left! And some of the girls so kindly reminded me that if she comes early, she could possibly come next month. That is insane. But amazing. I really can't wait to meet my little girl.

This week has been slightly rough on the pain front. After painting last weekend my right hip has been really bothering me. Over the week I've been having to take some tylenol and just go to sleep at like 9:00 because the pain is just too much to handle. Chris has to help me off of couches, and sometimes out of the bed when I need to pee in the middle of the night. Hopefully it eases up soon, or these last 9 weeks are so are going to be pretty rough.


This week baby girl is over 16 inches long and weighs around 3.3 pounds. Eek, supposedly she is heading for a growth spurt! She can turn her head from side to sdie, and her arms, legs and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. Her movement is as strong as ever.

Good news? Today our little girl cooperated for the 3D ultrasound. We got a couple of really cute pictures, and confirmed that she is indeed still a girl :o). That part was rather important to me considering how much pink is already in her wardrobe and how girly the nursery is going to be.

Here is our little baby looking very peaceful just hanging out in my belly. My mom thinks she looks like me... I definitely see my chubby cheeks, but right now I mostly just see a cute little baby.


We got to watch her yawn really big a few times. It was adorable.


And here is some proof that living quarters are a little tight. You can see her forehead and nose on the left with her arms all scrunched up in there. Her feet were actually up close to her head for a while too. Just a cozy little home! :o)


Three weeks ago when we first attempted the 3D ultrasound, baby girl was head down facing my spine. Today she was transverse, with her head on the left side of my body (and all of her limbs apparently :o) and her bum on my right. I'm glad she turned so we could get some good pictures, but she better get herself back to head down over the next few weeks!

How far along: 31 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +16 pounds
Maternity clothes: umm yes
Stretch marks?: not that I can find
Sleep: I slept through the night twice this week!!
Best moment this week: seeing our precious little girl
Movement: some days she is a nut
Food cravings: strawberry pop tarts (thanks Kenzie :o)
Gender: still a girl!! ha ha
What I miss: a day without some sort of pain
Milestones: single digit weeks left!!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

These are too precious! I cant wait to compare pictures when she arrives!

Adrienne Maples said...

Oh my goodness! It's kind of crazy that we can see them in 3D now. What's your due date again? I need to mark my calendar ;)

Whitney said...

I love her already! Can't wait to kiss that little chubby cheek. :)

Southern Belle Mama said...

I just came across your blog...the ultrasound pics of your little one are great! The 3D/4D ultrasound is a wonderful invention. My oldest arrived at 31 weeks, so he was a little 3 1/2 pounder. :)