March 27, 2010

bump check: 38 weeks

Two weeks and counting until my due date! I still have yet to grasp the concept that there is actually a baby in my belly. The fact that I am going to be a mother and we are going to have a baby to care for still seems far fetched. Not that I'm 'not ready', I just don't think it will hit me until it actually happens.


Ryann is still just working on growing and putting on weight. She could be close to 7 pounds now, and about 19.5 inches long. Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

I guess you could say my doctors appointment went well this week. When I first got their, my blood pressure was around 145/90. The nurse waited a couple minutes, tried it again and it was still 142/90. So she had me lay on my left side and took it again a few minutes later, 118/70. My doctor decided that because I had no protein in my urine, combined with the fact that my blood pressure did go down, that she wasn't worried yet. Just going to keep an eye on it, as usual. I also found out I'm 1 whole centimeter dilated. Wohoo! Ha, ok that really means nothing, and is no indication I'll go into labor anytime soon, but I figure it is better than nothing. We also decided that if Ryann decides she wants to come late, my doctor is going to induce me by the 15th. So at most there are only 18 days left until she is here!! I really can't believe that.

Work is definitely getting more difficult. Friday I only made it half a day, and actually barely made it in. My feet were already swollen when I woke up, and the morning also started off with some horrible pain in my right hip. I'm not sure if it is a nerve Ryann is pressing on, or I pulled a ligament or something, but OUCH! It was painful enough that I could barely move my foot from the gas to the break. I've been trying to take it easy this weekend so I can make it through my last nine days at work.

How far along: 38 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +20 pounds
Maternity clothes: yep
Stretch marks?: I have a few, they aren't horrible, but I hope they don't get worse!
Sleep: not too bad this week
Best moment this week: wedding dress shopping with my bestie :o)
Movement: Thursday night she was crazy!
Food cravings: sweets
Gender: girl
What I miss: bending over... as opposed to awkwardly squatting
Milestones: 2 weeks to go!

3 comments:

Expat Girl said...

Wow you are sooooo close now ahhh! I have eight weeks to go and I still cant believe I have a baby inside me either!

Lovely Little Nest said...

Oooh two weeks! How exciting! :) Hope your hip feels better asap!

Brooke said...

I found your blog and realized that we are due on the same day! This is our first and its a little girl too. Good Luck!!