November 1, 2013

Pray for Berkeley

Wednesday I told you my heart was heavy.  Today I am sharing a little bit more, and ask you to join me in praying for a very precious little girl in need of healing.

This is Tarah.  She has been my dance teacher, my boss, and most importantly, my friend.

photo(77)

This beautiful young girl is her daughter, Berkeley.

1380484_710174325678169_210332115_n

Berk is quite the girl.  Full of life and a joy to be around.  And on Tuesday, at the sweet young age of five, she was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.

It truly doesn't seem possible.  We were just at the family's home last Friday for an incredibly fun Halloween party.  I watched Berkeley running around the house with her friends, smiling as they all snuck up to her room to hang out.  After starting kindergarten this fall she just seems so grown up.

But, but she isn't.  She isn't grown up.  She is just a little girl who loves to dance, is a great big sister, who loves animals.  As I go about my days, regularly a lump creeps up in to my throat.  My eyes well up a little.  My heart is breaking for her and her family.  I have many thoughts of why?  Why on Earth is this happening to them?  To her?  It isn't fair.  Of course it isn't fair, but cancer, illness, it never really is, is it?  I am sad and I am angry.  I want there to be something I can do to make it all go away for them.

Even though I can't directly do something to help heal Berkeley, I can pray for her.  And I can ask all of you to help me.  Please help me pray for strength.  Strength for Berkeley, as she fights this difficult battle.  Strength for Tarah, JB, Brooks and the rest of their family as they support her.  Pray for the doctors, help them give Berkeley the absolute best care possible.  And pray for healing, help cure this little girl.

Please also feel free to leave the family well wishes in the comment section.  The more people they have supporting them during Berkeley's Battle, the better.

Berkeley, sweet girl, you are a fighter.  You are amazing, and I have no doubt that you will triumph over this disease.  You and your family have lots and lots and LOTS of people lifting you up and supporting you.  We love you so much.  Stay strong little one.

4 comments:

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

Aww what a sweet little girl. I am praying for her and her family in this sad time. I bet she's a fighter and I truly hope she gets through this.

Tara said...

we will be praying for berkeley and her family! I am a pediatric nurse and we see so many children with cancer diagnosis. it just isn't fair... and it is okay for you (and all of us) to be angry!

Laura Payette said...

My heart sank when I read this. I've lost a friend to leukemia -- and she was grown (well, a young adult). And there is something you can do. In fact, it's how I started running long distance. You can train for a race through the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and raise money and awareness. It's a fabulous organization. I fully intend to do another race with them someday. Just thought I'd put it out there, especially since you already like to run and have toyed with running a full. Think about it!

AMS said...

Many Prayers! Have her look into the Make a Wish foundation too.