July 18, 2014

patriotic playdate

The week of July 4th the girls and I hosted a little patriotic themed play date.  I threw up some sparkly red and blue banners (and a star garland from this etsy shop that I forgot to take a picture of!), used a star cookie cutter to make the food a little more festive, and gathered up star glasses and red and blue necklaces to round out the fun.  It was super easy (though cutting everything in to stars did take a bit of time), and I think everyone had fun.

Orginally the plan was to play outside and run through the sprinklers, but a storm went through that morning, leaving the yard and patio furniture a little soggy and the air a bit chilled.  So all the kiddos and their mamas filled my family room instead.  It was probably the most kids I've had in my house at one time, and I kind of loved it.  All these moms are great and I have a soft spot in my heart for each one of their children.  We've built up a good little group of friends here.

The girls getting decked out before everyone arrived:

IMG_2083
IMG_2079
headband from bub + bug

Party snippets:

PatrioticPlaydate

And all the kiddos:

IMG_2828

With Christopher in his last year at his hospital, and a contract for a job waiting to be signed, the countdown is on until we move out of Kansas City.  And looking back at this pictures makes me so sad to be going.  We're moving back home, so both our parents will be close by, and that is great.  But I am going to miss all of our friends so much.  Yes, the drive is just over an hour, nothing terrible, and we can definitely come back and visit.  But it won't be the same.

All you girls, I'm seriously going to miss you and your kids.  Promise you'll come visit us too?  Lets make the most of this year, mmmmkay?

No comments: