September 29, 2014

georgia vacation part two

Continuing where I left off...

Tuesday morning I went for a run.  The day seemed like it was going to be a gloomy one (it was supposed to rain the entire time we were there, and never did!!), so we opted for a short walk to the park instead of going to the beach.  This particular park had a new play structure put in since the last time we were there and it didn't disappoint.  The thing was HUGE!  Again, more slides I was scared of.  Not in the picture is a whole bunch of other spinning things and such that my sister and I enjoyed as well.

After the park we split up, my mom, Elsie, my sister and myself doing a little shopping, and Christopher and Ryann heading to the library.  The rest of the day was spent hanging out at the house, going to dinner, and getting some Moo Cow ice cream.


Wednesday was our last day so we decided on some more beach time.  Unfortunately the tide just wasn't in our favor this beach trip, so we were never able to just walk to the beach by my parents house.  Thankfully east beach is always accessible so we weren't out of options.  It is just slightly more annoying to have to get in the car, and the walk to and from the car from the beach is kind of miserable.  It is in some sort of no air flow vortex thing, I have no idea, but it is stupid hot in that little stretch of land.  We still managed to have a good time though.


Thursday morning, the trip home was... interesting.  We had to leave for the airport at 7am, so I told my mom to wake Ry up by 20 till (Ryann sleeps in my mom's closet, it's the size of a small room, it works :o).  I was getting things ready and texted her at 6:45 to make sure they were up.  She responded with 'yes, and Ry just threw up'.  Oh well isn't that just fantastic?  Just what I wanted to hear before several hours of travel.  I went up to check on them and Ry said she was fine.  So we carried on, got everything loaded up and headed out.  10 minutes from the airport she threw up again.  Whyyyyy.  When we got to the airport I changed her clothes, we got checked in and stood in line for security.

Usually I remove the stroller seats and send them through the x-ray machine while the base gets hand checked.  The security people didn't ask me to take the seats off so I figured yay, less work for me.  Except then the seats set off the alarm and I got my bags searched and a full pat down.  Fail.  Whatever, we got through and essentially boarded the plane.  Everything seemed to be going fine and then we just sat on the runway.  This airport has one gate.  We were the only flight.  We were not waiting in line.  Nope, apparently the bigger planes were hogging the airspace so the Atlanta airport wouldn't let us take off.  Lame sauce.  Especially since our layover was only 40 minutes.  We ended up sitting on the runway for 15 minutes, and then while we were in the air, they made us circle the airport for 30 minutes before landing.  Goodbye layover.  Goodbye flight and getting in to KC before noon.

I could drag this out, but the rest of the story short, we got put on stand by for the next flight and successfully got on it.  We were home by 2:30, the girls fell asleep in the car, and Ryann didn't throw up anymore.  Traveling with Elsie pretty much still sucks.  Despite the amount of snacks, iPad, movies, crayons and stickers, she just wanted to get up and run around.  Hopefully she gets better at it soon, but we'll keep going to Georgia anyway.  We love it! 


Stacey said...

It's funny to me the things you find to complain about (a hot walk... you're going to the BEACH!). You clearly have a very fulfilling life if you take time to step back and appreciate all God has blessed you with - A husband who works hard so you are able to stay home, 2 healthy children and a family who has 2 homes which you go back and forth from with such ease. It's not always going to be sunshine and rainbows so I encourage you to just sit back and relax!

Ashley said...


I fail to see how complaining about the hot walk to the beach somehow equals me not knowing how fulfilling my life is. That area of the walk to the beach is hot, and it was something notable on that trip, for my family and I, because it was insane how hot is was in that area. Though this blog is public, it is simply a way for me to record memories for myself and my family. Feel free to stick around and read, but if you somehow think that I don't appreciate all I have you clearly misunderstand me.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Stacey. Lots of complaining about something most people would love to have/be able to do.

Fine For Now said...

This is your blog and you can retell your story however you darn well please!

The walk from the beach through the fire hot sand and burning lava hot parking lot is the worst!

Can you do a picture post sometime about your parent's house decor? I LOVE what little I can see in the pictures :)