I figured before I went and switched her room all up, I better share some pictures of it as a nursery. I never really finished the nursery, in the sense that I never got artwork up on the walls. And there were a few little things here or there that I wanted to do. But overall I still love Ry's room, and I think she does too. I'll do my best to give a source list at the end of the post, but I did put this room together over two years ago...
And um, please excuse the wonky lighting and poor editing of these photos. Currently I'm in the it is better done than perfect mode, so you get what you get and you don't throw a fit :o).
A couple of random things to note... I made the hair clip holder the same way many people have put together a jewelry organizer. Just glued (with liquid nails) a piece of radiator cover (that you can find at Lowe's or Home Depot) into an open back frame. I wanted a mirror for my grouping, but couldn't find one the right size. But you know they sell frameless mirrors right? I grabbed an 11x14 mirror from Michaels and stuck in a frame. Woot, perfect sized mirror.
The changing pad has a sheet of rubber shelf liner underneath it. It doesn't hold it completely in place, but definitely keeps it from sliding around.
I hand stenciled the wall with the help of my friend Katelynn, and the hubby of course. You can read about how we did it here.
I spent a LOT of time in that rocker during Ryann's first year. And it shows. My dark jeans definitely rubbed off on the fabric. Just something to think about. Or maybe you are wiser than me and know how to avoid that/get the color out!
We used breathable bumpers in the crib from when Ry was around three months, to around ten months. A lot of people go completely without, but she was ALWAYS stuck in the rails, so we got the breathable ones (kid is a crazy sleeper, just like her daddy. we have a king bed for a reason). By ten months I personally felt comfortable with her having the pretty ones in, even though that is against current recommendations. To each their own.
And the source list:
- crib and dresser - bought at nebraska furniture mart, urban collection by munire
- dresser pulls - hobby lobby
- chair - bought at nebraska furniture mart, quinn swivel glider by best chairs
- curtains - urban outfitters
- rug - anthropologie
- bookshelf - my friend and her mom found it at a garage sale for $5, score!
- owl mobile - custom made by eleni creative
- crib skirt & pillow - made by my mom with this fabric
- crib bumpers - made by my mom with this fabric & this fabric
- crib sheet - pottery barn kids
- owl night light - pottery barn kids
- little pink 'r' - hobby lobby
- white frames - spray painted garage sale finds
- paint - sherwin williams sensible hue and aloof grey
Let me know if you have any questions about something! I'm excited to re-decorate (probably, we haven't decided if Ry will stay put or move to the guest room or whatnot...) and create a big girl room, but I'll be kind of sad to see this room go. It is definitely my favorite room in our house right now.