October 25, 2014

that's what she said

Ryann: "Sorry Elsie, better luck next time!"
I can't remember what Elsie was trying to do, but I about died.

Me: "I wish the leaves could stay the fall colors all winter and then just turn in to spring leaves."
Ryann: "But they fall of the tree right? And new ones grow back?"
Me: "Yeah, but I don't like the way the trees look with no leaves.  I wish they could just keep them.  And I love how the fall leaves look."
Ryann: "Sorry Mom, that just isn't how Jesus made it."

While trying to cut some stuff to make the girls' head pieces for their Halloween costume, I sliced the crap out of my finger.  It was bleeding all over the place.  Once I had it under control and made sure Ryann wasn't going to freak out...
Ryann: "Maybe you should have practiced more with your scissors.  My scissors aren't as pointy and sharp, maybe you need to use those next time you use scissors."

IMG_4504

No comments: