January 2, 2015

cookie baking day

The weekend before Christmas we headed to my parents house for the weekend for some holiday fun.  We drove around Winter Wonderland to look at the lights, celebrated my Dad's birthday and had our annual cookie baking day.  Sugar cookies sure are a lot of work, and certainly not my favorite Christmas cookie, but the girls have a blast and I love watching them help my mom in the kitchen.

And I use the term help VERY loosely.

We ended up splitting the process between two days, because Chris and I went to a KU basketball game Saturday afternoon (rock chalk!) and that evening Ryann randomly had a fever.  But she was feeling good by the next morning so we baked and decorated.  Elsie was adorable with the sprinkles, saying "prinkle prinkle prinkle!" as she decorated her cookies.  Ryann just dumped excess amounts of sprinkles on a few cookies, but she was proud of it so we'll call it good.  Oh, and Elsie was obsessed with the "wittle bitty (1/8th) tup".  No idea why, but it was cute.

IMG_6534_2
IMG_6542
IMG_6553
IMG_6559
IMG_6569
IMG_6579
IMG_6617
IMG_6641

Fun stuff.  Personally, I'm ready to get back to our regular routine and schedule, but there is just so much fun to be had during the holidays.

1 comment:

Bees_Circus said...

These pictures are beyond cute! This is such a sweet tradition! <3