January 16, 2015

ten weeks

how far along:  10 weeks (compare to 10 weeks with Elsie)

size of babyaccording to the bump a prune, about 1.2 inches long and weighing .14 ounces.  Still so itty bitty!  Baby has working arm joints, has developed all of their vital organs and starting to swallow and kick in there.

weight gain: -2.2 pounds.  I thought the nausea was getting better.  Then the last two days happened.

maternity clothes:  nope

symptoms:  I thought that I've had a cough and a sore throat for like two weeks now.  But Chris has pretty much decided it is reflux.  The only symptom I'm missing is the burning sensation in my chest.  Everything else fits the bill.  So that's fun.  Food rarely sounds good.  I'm having a hard time getting myself to even drink water, and I think that is leaving me with headaches.  And all of the above combined makes me just feel weak and tired.  I hate the first trimester so much.

exercise:  Only worked out three times this week, but I just don't really care.  It's amazing how much super cold temps and feeling slightly crummy make me totally give up.  I did one barbell class at the gym, ran about 7 miles total and walked half a mile.  I'm hoping during the second trimester, and as the weather warms up, that I'll get some more walking miles in if nothing else.  I've got a 10k planned for Feb. 28th so I can't give up running just yet!

cravings/aversions:  Smoothies and Bluebell frozen strawberry fruit bars.

movement:  nope

sleep:  Not great, but not awful.  Ryann has taken to waking up before 6am again, so that sucks.

gender:  I still 100% believe it is a boy.  I will be completely surprised if it is a girl.

looking forward to:  Telling the girls and finding out the gender.  Also looking forward to my doctor's appointment next week, despite the fact that I'm sure it will be pretty uneventful.

worries:  At the current moment I'm stressing mostly about Elsie's 2nd birthday party and selling our current house.  I'm terrified that isn't going to go well.  And we have so much to clean up and organize.  Blech.  On the bright side, if I had gotten pregnant when we started trying I would have been due in April.  I don't know what the hell we were thinking, that would have been awful.  Trying to sell a house and move with a brand new baby?  No fun.

what's different this time:  At this point while I was pregnant with Elsie I was starting to worry about how I was going to deal with two kids.  Of course three kids is going to be challenging, but for some reason it doesn't freak me out as much as I thought it would.  I'm just prepared for it to be crazy.

best moment this week:  I manged to find the heart beat with my doppler at least three different times this week, so I'm feeling pretty good.  And I'm certainly not lacking any symptoms so I've got those to comfort me.  Haha.

No comments: