March 13, 2015

eighteen weeks


Baby3_18Weeks

how far along:  18 weeks (compare to 18 weeks with Ryann, 18 weeks with Elsie)

size of baby:  my What to Expect app tells me baby is about the size of a sweet potato, or 5.5 inches long.  Baby girl is developing yawning and hiccuping skills as her own unique set of toe and fingerprints!

weight gain:  Errr... 8 pounds.  Whatever, I'm over it for now.

maternity clothes:  Yes.  I just have zero interest in being uncomfortable at all.  Why fight it?  And this time around my workout pants are uncomfortable.  I'm not tying them, I don't remember them bothering me with Elsie, but my gosh they are annoying.

symptoms:  Not too much this week.  Other than the belly I barely feel pregnant at all.

exercise:  Sunday I ran just over five miles.  It wasn't pretty, but it wasn't that bad.  The rest of the week any time I've tried to run it has just felt miserable.  I think part of my problem might lack of water intake.  I am struggling so much to get in enough water, I just forget to fill my cup or I'm super busy or some other lame excuse.  I didn't write down all my workouts, but my fitbit claims I covered 82,059 steps.  I'll take it.

cravings/aversions:  Super buttery salty popcorn and biscuits with strawberry jelly.

movement:  It still isn't consistent at all, but I think more and more I'm starting to feel movement.  If I'm not thinking about it, or if this wasn't my third kid, I'm sure it could easily be missed.  Hoping she gets a little stronger in the next two weeks.

sleep:  I could have just copied this section from my 18 week post with Elsie.  Sleeping on my stomach is no longer an option, which kind of sucks, but really only pisses me off if I wake up in the middle of the night.  When I initially get in to bed I'm usually so tired I pass out almost instantly regardless of what position I'm in.

gender:  Girl.

looking forward to:  Our anatomy scan in a couple of weeks.  I haven't been super antsy about it because I already know we're having a girl, but I also haven't 'seen' her since 13 weeks on the crappy portable ultrasound.  I hope I get to see that cute little profile and hear that everything looks great.  Also, just life in general.  The weather is nice, fun things are on the horizon, there is a little bit of fun in everyday.  We're in a good (and hectic) place and I'm loving it.

worries: While life has been good, I've had a few challenging days with the girls in the listening/following directions and such department with the girls, and that always makes it terrifying to think of adding another to the mix.  I've also been laying on the mom guilt in my head, because I don't cook enough healthy meals, or spend enough time doing this or that with the kids, I yell too much, the list could go on and on.  I want to be super mom, but I'm just not.  I know it's ok, but I know almost every mom out there understands too.

what's different this time:  I was just discussing with a friend today that this pregnancy just seems so completely unreal, and so far in the back of my mind.  I know I felt that way a bit with Elsie, but my goodness I forget I'm pregnant a lot.

best moment this week:  The weather is by far the best thing this week.  It is such a wonderful thing to welcome after the bitter cold over the last month.  Spring is in the air and I just freaking love it.  Spring is 100% my favorite.

No comments: