March 29, 2015

twenty weeks

Baby3_20Weeks

Halfway there!  Or, if history repeats itself, only 18 weeks to go.  This pregnancy is pretty much flying by and I can't do a damn thing about it.

We had our anatomy scan this week and it was so wonderful to see our little baby again.  Chris hasn't brought the ultrasound machine home since 13 weeks so I was anxious to check on her.  We saw all her fingers and toes (I think), all the chambers of her heart, her kidneys, her stomach, her liver, it was so interesting.  I don't recall the tech really going in to depth during the ultrasound or taking so many measurments with the last two, so it was fun.  My doctor said she looks very healthy, and the tech said she probably weighed 13 ounces, measuring 20 weeks 3 days (at 19 weeks 6 days).

As for me, everything looked good as well.  My belly was measuring a couple centimeters ahead, but I'm not all that surprised.  Blood pressure was still in the 120's over 80's so we're good there too.  I talked to my doctor a bit because I wasn't sure if I was already have braxton hicks contractions here and there.  Based on my description of them she said it was more likely irregular cramping, and went on to tell me that the majority of her patients who are pregnant with their third say it is much more painful than they recall the first two pregnancies being.  Yay.

how far along:  20 weeks (compare to 20 weeks with Ryann, 20 weeks with Elsie)

size of babyaccording to the bump a banana, about 6.5 inches long and weighing 10.2 ounces.  I have no idea what she is doing in there right now, lets just go with growing.

weight gain:  10.6 pounds.  I could say 11 pounds.  But the fact that I gained less than a pound this week deserves some sort of victory dance.  Haha.

maternity clothes:  Yes.  Just say no to real pants.

symptoms:  Sore ligaments and pelvic region.  If my entire pelvic area didn't hurt so much I would barely feel pregnant.

exercise:  Running is seriously a joke.  I have no clue how I ran that half when I was pregnant with Elsie because my right side hurts from the waist down every time I try to run.  I can't fathom not running again until like September.  I'll live, but Christopher and I agree, I'm a much happier person when I get to go for a run.  Walking just doesn't do it for me.  But I got in 83,230 steps.  Making it my goal to add in either a day of strength or yoga or something this week.

cravings/aversions:  Ben & Jerry's peanut butter half baked ice cream.  I may have bought four of the little containers at once for fear of running out.  SO GOOD.  No real aversions this time.  Can't decide if that is a good or a bad thing.

movement: I'm feeling more and more movement every day!  It is definitely getting stronger.  I love it.  I think she has even woken me up in the middle of the night a few times.

sleep:  Again a couple of nights of not sleeping well, but mostly I'm just fine.

gender: Sugar and spice and hopefully extra super nice...

looking forward to:  Miss Ryann's birthday weekend.  I hope she is a happy camper, and at least a little bit grateful for how we celebrate her.  Also walls have started to get painted in the new house and they are moving towards staining the floors and I'm just giddy.  I can't wait to see how everything turns out.

worries:  After seeing our sweet girl on the ultrasound and everything looking good, I don't really have much I'm worrying about.  She's healthy.  I'm still healthy.  The home reno is going well.  Elsie is a hot mess (I'll get to that at some point), and that does occasionally stir up my mind, but ultimately I'm pretty content right now.

what's different this time:  The painful ligaments and groin area.  And not being able to run or walk too fast.  So annoying.

best moment this week:  Seeing our baby girl on the ultrasound.  She's got a cute profile!  And looks just like her sisters.  I think... :o)