December 21, 2012

thirty-one weeks

BumpProgression_31Weeks

written December 20th

Want to know what is complicated when you're pregnant?  Playing in the snow with your toddler.  Because you don't really have a coat that fits and you didn't think about that before you put your clothes on and your long sleeve t-shirt is barely covering your belly and your coat isn't buttoned all the way because it can't and your kid wants you to bend over and pick up snow and help her do this and that and you're just plain cold and miserable.  Pretty much.  But?  It was still kind of fun because Ryann was so dang excited about the fact that it snowed.  She would have been out there at 7am had I let her.  I survived and I have a happy kid.  I suppose it wasn't so bad after all. 

how far along:  31 weeks (compare to 31 weeks with Ryann)

size of babyaccording to the bump a pineapple (kind of a painful sounding fruit to have something inside your body compared to, especially when that something has to come out at some point...), between 15.2-16.7 inches long and weighing somewhere between 2.5-3.8 pounds.  All five of Miss E's senses should be in working order and her irises now react to light.  Major brain and nerve development should also be happening.

weight gain:  16 pounds.  I somehow lost .6 pounds this week.  At one point I was up a pound, but that was after my Mexican indulgence for the week, so who knows.  Funny now my weight gain matches my pregnancy with Ryann, but I still don't quite weigh what I did when I got pregnant with her.

maternity clothes:  Yep.  Or sweats.

symptoms:  Meh.  I'm just pregnant and uncomfortable.  And a teensy bit hormonal.

exercise:  Six workouts this week.  15 miles on the treadmill and one 30 Day Shred session.  I jogged just over a mile total during my workout yesterday, and my body is 100% feeling it today.  My belly feels heavy.

cravings/aversions: Really, surprisingly, I'd look some good salads.  But I'm too lazy to come up with them on my own / don't really know where to get a good one (nothing sounds like 'the one').  So I'm pretty much still on the cookies and prenatal vitamin diet.  Whoops.

movement: Occasionally she'll have a quiet couple of hours, but for the most part this girl is always on the move.  And it hurts.  And makes it difficult to sleep sometimes.

sleep:  I stay up too late.  I get up too early.  I have to pee in the middle of the night.  My hips hurt.  Get the picture?

gender: Still a girl as far as I know.

looking forward to:  Christmas.  And getting some more of the nursery items.

worries:  Right now that my husband won't be able to make it to Omaha to spend Christmas with us.  Because of his work schedule we'll be heading up separately, and I'll be pretty devastated if he can't get there because of the weather or work or something.

what's different this time:  Ryann was transverse at this point, I'm pretty sure Baby Sister is not.  Also we got a 3D ultrasound with Ry and some confirmation that it was a girl.  Timing never really worked out so we didn't get a 3D this time around, and I'm still paranoid this baby is going to come out a boy.

milestones:  I have no idea.  Less than two months to go?

best moment this week:  Picking out stuff for the nursery, and just Ryann actually being a happy camper in general.  The last couple of days have been awesome in terms of her mood, despite the fact that she has a pretty nasty cold and is constantly hacking and sneezing.  Kids are so resilient sometimes!

No comments: