October 24, 2009

bump check: 16 weeks

Holy cow. Until I uploaded this picture I seriously had no idea my belly had actually gotten this big. It must have happened last night. In regular clothes it still doesn't really look like anything, but it is definitely growing! I just hope that it rounds out in the next couple of weeks so I get out of this my pants are too small but maternity pants are too big phase. The BeBand and I aren't friends.


Baby is now being compared to an avocado. Approximately 4.6 in, and 3.5 ounces. There are tiny bones forming in the baby's ears, which means the little one can now pick up my voice. Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming. (I've heard that the amniotic fluid changes taste based on what I eat... is that totally weird?)

My newest weird happenings from pregnancy? Carpal tunnel syndrome. Yep, on Thursday I was laying on the couch minding my own business, and then my left hand went all numb and tinglyish. Of course I yelled for Chris and he performed a little doctor check, and since my pinky and one side of my ring finger was still feeling normal, he determined it was carpal tunnel. I immediately consulted my 'What to Expect' book, and what do you know. Women can begin experiencing symptoms as early as the third month. It seems to have gone back to normal for now, but we are guessing it will probably come and go for the next oh, five months.

How far along: 16 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: -3 pounds
Maternity clothes: using the BeBand
Stretch marks?: nope
Sleep: pretty good
Best moment this week: getting some curtains hung! :o)
Movement: no :o(
Food cravings: chocolate milk
Gender: I have no idea!
What I miss: comfortable jeans
Milestones: my belly starting to show a bit

No comments: