October 2, 2009

finding out


Towards the end of May, very beginning of June we decided that we were ready to parents. We weren't in any big rush, just decided that we were going to let whatever happened, happen. So we picked up some vitamins and stopped preventing a baby from happening :o).



Fast forward to July 17th, should be the start of my monthly fun. Nothing showed up so I took a pregnancy test. Definitely a negative. I was a little upset, but not crushed. Monday rolls around and still no sign of my monthly friend, but another pregnancy test comes back negative. I wait out the rest of the week, wake up Friday morning, take another test, it also comes back negative. At this point I've decided that because I'd only been off birth control for a few months (I stopped taking it in February, my new insurance didn't cover the particular brand of birth control I was taking) my cycle must be a little off, so I tried to calm my self down and let nature take its course.



Throughout the next week I started becoming a little more emotional, and slightly agitated I guess, because it was so frustrating that nothing was happening. I kept thinking if I'm not pregnant lets just get on with this already!



It was 5:15 in the morning (I can't say I'm a fan of the med school student schedule, especially when I don't have to work until 8:30!) on July 31st. Christin's wedding was this weekend, so seeing that my period still hadn't shown up, I decided I better take a pregnancy test just to make sure before I booze it up all weekend. With my eyes half closed I stumbled to the bathroom, pulled out a test and did my business. I washed my hands, brushed my teeth, and looked down just in time to see the blinking hour glass switch to PREGNANT.



What? Seirously? I fully expected it to say not pregnant, and then I would have chucked it in the trash and crawled back in bed. I was completely shocked. I contemplated not telling Chris just yet, I had an idea to give him an early birthday present that evening, but knowing his schedule, the weekend ahead, and the fact that there about a thousand thoughts and emotions running through my head, I changed my mind.



I walked into our bedroom, knocked on his bathroom door, and held the test up as he opened the door. The look on his face was priceless. Like he was completely confused at what he was seeing. Then he smiled and gave me a huge hug. Unfortunately he was then hurrying to get out the door and get to the hospital on time, while I was following him around the house saying "I can't believe it, seriously?".



The rest of the day I was a ball of nerves because I was so excited, and so scared at the same time.

1 comment:

J said...

Congrats!!!

Love your blog!!