November 14, 2009

bump check: 19 weeks

Getting bigger and rounder everyday! (I'm not sure whether I'm excited about that or not :o) I'm also starting to feel what I think is the baby moving around. No distinct kicks or jabs yet, but I feel some random pressure, like maybe the baby turning from side to side. Hopefully soon I will know that it is for sure baby!


Our little girl has reached the size of a mango (I LOVE mangos!), 6 inches from head to bum and about 8.5 ounces. On Tuesday the ultrasound tech said she measured at around 8 ounces. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body. She is also starting to form a waxy protective coating on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid. I mean come on, what would you look like if you sat in a bathtub for 9 months?

How far along: 19 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +2 pounds
Maternity clothes: heck yes!
Stretch marks?: none yet
Sleep: getting more uncomfortable by the day...
Best moment this week: Finding out we're having a little girl!!
Movement: maybe just a little!
Food cravings: soup, Cheddar Ale to be exact
Gender: GIRL!
What I miss: my bladder of steel
Milestones: finding out we're having a girl!

And just for Kenzie... she said I was looking 'extra bumpy' on Friday. I'm not sure these pictures really do it justice, but oh well.

1 comment:

The Barkemeyers said...

Ashley you look so pregnant and it's tripping me out!! You look absolutely beautiful. Miss you!