November 28, 2009

bump check: 21 weeks

We are in the teens people... and I'm talking weeks left! That really freaked me out. I have no idea what I'll do when I'm in single digit weeks. Probably hyperventilate every now and then :o). In order to calm my nerves Chris and I discussed what baby really NEEDED when she was born. We came up with a place to sleep, something to eat, diapers, some onesies, and her carseat. Well we still need the place to sleep and the carseat, but other than that technically we could survive. That made me feel a little bit better!


According to thebump.com, we are now just measuring the baby from head to toe. Lengthwise she is comparable to a banana at around 10.5 inches, and weighs in at around 12.7 ounces. Apparently her taste buds are really starting to kick in. Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. So our lovely little girl is going to crave soup, chocolate and ice cream as much as I do? I better start eating more fruit :o).

Other than finding it impossible to sleep comfortably I'm doing really well these days. I am loving feeling her dance around inside me. I swear on Thanksgiving she was having a dance party without me. She was moving all day long! Usually in the mornings and at night when I'm laying in bed, Chris can feel her kicking a little bit. It just makes me smile. Gotta love family togetherness.

On Thanksgiving Chris's family had a little surprise shower for us. We had some cake and got some really nice and adorable little baby gear. Our little girl is already so loved. Thanks guys!


How far along: 21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +4 pounds
Maternity clothes: definitely
Stretch marks?: nope
Sleep: uncomfortable
Best moment this week: Our surprise shower :o)
Food cravings: soup, soup and more soup please
Gender: sugar and spice...
What I miss: wine
Milestones: teen weeks left!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

You made such a good point about focusing on the baby's necessities, rather than things we're told are "must haves"!