November 13, 2009

gotta have ruffles

For our little girl's nursery, I don't want something too cutesy. No little baby animals, Disney characters, things of that nature. Its just not my style.

We originally painted the walls gray, and hung a fabulous chandelier when the room was going to be mine. Thank goodness like I said, the chandelier can stay! I think I want to leave the walls gray, and then incorporate yellow, white and a little bit of hot pink into the room.


All little girls need some ruffles in their life right? So I am thinking these curtains from Urban Outfitters might be necessary. What do you think?

5 comments:

CoreysGal said...

Oh my goodness - where did you get that chandelier?? Do you know if it is still available?

Ashley said...

The chandelier came from Lowes. Not sure if they still have it, but both Lowes and Home Depot had a couple of cute smaller ones!

Cubbies and Nooks said...

Love the curtains! I'm really into Urban & Anthro's linens and curtains. So, whenever I get knocked up, I seriously need to consult you on nursery stuff. You have such a wonderful eye for decorating and I agree on the no fluffy wuffy animal/safari/angel crap. Good work.

Intisar said...

Do you remember what shade of gray that is? I'm using gray, yellow and turquoise in our nursery. thanks.

Ashley said...

Intisar- I can't for the life of me find my paint swatch. I know that it is a Sherwin Williams color, might possibly be Aloof Gray, and if it isn't that one it is on the same swatch stick!