July 11, 2010

cheese bread

So this is by far one of my all time favorite things to eat. I mean come on, bread + cheese. If you don't like it whats wrong with you? Just kidding, but anyway... My mom made this bread for the 4th of July a couple times, and now I won't let her do the 4th without it. Plus, I've made it a few times around our house as well.


The recipe is incredibly easy and pretty tasty, so the next time you need a side item give this a try! Also, if you read my day in the life post, you might remember me mentioning my cheesy bagel. Well, I use the same cheese mixture from this bread, spread it on top of a bagel, broil it until the cheese is brown, and sprinkle some garlic salt on top. Delish.

Ingredients:
1 loaf of french bread, split lengthwise
butter
garlic salt
8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup real mayo

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Butter both lengths of bread and sprinkle them with garlic salt.
3. Mix together mozzarella cheese and mayo. Spread mixture on both lengths of bread.
4. Bake bread halves on a baking sheet for approximately 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bread is crisp.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Carey said...

Umm, YUM! You are so right...who doesn't love cheese plus bread?? I just may have to make this this week. Good recipe! :)

Amber said...

I will definitely have to try this one out-we love bread and this sounds fabulous!