December 5, 2014

thanksgiving 2014

Per the usual, I didn't take as many photos on actual Thanksgiving day as I would have liked.  But I was a wee bit occupied chasing Elsie up and down the stairs a million times.  Seriously, she has rug burn on her belly from sliding down over and over again.

We had a wonderful time with Christopher's family on Thanksgiving day.  Plenty of tasty food was had by all.  Well, Ryann didn't eat anything but the fruit cup and squeezy pouch that I brought for her, but the rest of us were quite pleased.  Elsie discovered she loves mashed potatoes, it is just something I don't really make.  The girls also received some gifts since we do Christmas with my family.  We are now the proud owners of a giant unicorn and an 8 foot caterpillar thanks to Grandma 'Nita (she did ask me if I'd allow it before giving them to the girls, I think we'll have enough space in our new house to handle them!).

IMG_5821
IMG_5824
IMG_5852
IMG_5864

Friday morning the girls and I headed to my parents.  Shortly after we arrived my sister and her boyfriend made it over, and Chris joined us in time for dinner.  My mom's food certainly didn't disappoint.  And the weather over the weekend was amazing.  The girls spent plenty of time in the bounce house and driving their car around the driveway.  We made some brownies and helped decorate my mom's Christmas tree.  And my mom and I did some holiday shopping online.

IMG_5898
IMG_5900
IMG_6003
IMG_5951
IMG_5972
IMG_5936
IMG_6017
IMG_6019
IMG_6020
IMG_6022
IMG_6027
IMG_6036
IMG_6115
IMG_6127

Just a little tidbit I wanted to remember... Elsie loved looking at the tree, and picked out the carousel as her favorite ornament.  It just so happens to be the 2013 ornament my mom bought to represent her birth year.  A little crazy to me that she actually picked 'her' ornament as her favorite!!

No comments: