December 26, 2014

seven weeks

how far along:  7 weeks (compare to 7 weeks with Elsie)

size of babyaccording to the bump a blueberry, doubling in size from last week to about half an inch.  He/She is developing a permanent set of kidneys, and the arm and leg joints should also be forming.

weight gain: -4 pounds.  Just as the stomach bug disappeared, the nausea and aversions set in.  Yay.

maternity clothes:  nope

symptoms:  I've just felt gross the last few days.  Food sounds disgusting, it smells disgusting and I simply can't make myself swallow much of it.  I'm even having a hard time forcing down water.  No puking, which is good I guess, but ugh.  I hate this useless, helpless feeling.  Thank God for Christopher, he has totally taken over and tries to help me as much as he can.  Getting me things, taking care of the girls, going out of his way to try and help me feel my best.  I love him.  I've also been getting dizzy and feeling like I'm going to pass out.  That is super fun.

exercise: This week was pretty much a wash.  Between feeling like crap and Christmas and just having a lot on my plate, I ran once.  3.5 miles.  Hoping to do better next week!

cravings/aversions:  The only things that ever sound good are Pink Lady apples (and only Pink Ladies, no other apple will do), Townhouse crackers, fruit smoothies and onion rings.  Oh so nutritious.  I need to grab some stuff to make green smoothies, at least that would be good for me.  The thought of almost all other foods makes me want to puke.  I don't even want chocolate.  What is wrong with me?!?!  That might have been the most depressing part of Christmas.  Not wanting to eat all of the delicious things that I love so much and look forward to at the holidays.  Wah wah.

movement:  nope

sleep:  Meh.  There just isn't enough sleep.  Ever.

gender:  I really have no idea.  The Chinese gender chart and the Mayan gender predictor or whatever both say boy.  I've referred to the baby as a boy.  Maybe it really will be a boy this time?

looking forward to:  All I'm wishing for right now is a healthy baby, and not having the urge to vomit 24/7.

worries:  Nothing and everything.  There are so many what if's in the back of my mind.  A miscarriage could still happen.  We are going to freaking have 3 kids!  Yadda yadda yadda.  But I'm not consumed by any one thing, nor do I feel overly worried.  Woot.

what's different this time:  Nothing is jumping out at me right now.  I have a feeling the lack of nap time during the day might take its toll on me this time around.

best moment this week: Christmas was pretty great despite not feeling the best.  I also told my Dad that there is another baby on the way.  It was brief, without any build up or cutesy reveal, but it was the best opportunity I had without the girls overhearing.

No comments: