October 1, 2012

just a bunch of random...

It's like this and that, fitness style.

::  Who do you think ran 100 miles in the month of September?  Yep.  This girl.  Can you believe it?  I couldn't.  I was shocked when I pulled up my training report on daily mile.  I'm going to crush my goal of walking/running 500 miles this year, I've already ran 636 miles, and I've still got 3 months to go.  Granted I'm just going to be getting more and more pregnant, but that is beside the point.

Screen shot 2012-10-01 at 8.22.55 AM

::  I didn't succeed at my goal of getting in two strength workouts this week.  I did squeeze in one, but didn't force myself into another.  One is better than nothing, but my goal this week is AT LEAST push-ups three times this week.  How hard is it to do three sets of push-ups on three different days?  Not that hard.  Just gotta do it.  I've also been poking around crossfit mom, thinking about incorporating more of those workouts once the half is over.

::  My bestie, me and the belly ran 10.45 miles on Saturday.  Not too shabby, not too shabby at all.  I hadn't planned to long run until Sunday, and had just run five on Friday, but I couldn't pass up the chance for a running buddy.  I was super excited about the buddy, my legs not so excited about the back to back runs.  Meh, I survived and we had a lovely time chatting.

::  Charlie horses, I've got 'em.  This morning was the third time I've been woken up between 4:30 and 5 in the morning with a severe cramp in one of my calves.  Definitely not the best way to start your day.  Besides chugging water (I swear I try to drink so much!), any suggestions for keeping these guys at bay?  It is painful for me and scares the crap out of Chris.  Nothing like waking up to your pregnant wife screaming expletives bright and early in the morning.

 

See?  Random.  And I think that is all I've got for now.  Link up your health and fitness related posts below!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Bananas helped me a ton with charlie horses. They are the worst! Got them bad with Lilly but not as often this time around, thank goodness!!

Caitlin MidAtlantic said...

Bananas, for sure. But also tonic water! The quinine in the tonic helps increase blood flow, so you don't cramp. I also made a concerted effort to flex my feet to stretch my legs, rather than point my toes (which was my instint).

Kelly said...

Bananas and try untucking your covers from the bottom of the bed. I get horrendous cramps when I point my toes and when the sheets are too tight it makes it worse!

Amber E. Berkoski said...

You are AWESOME. Seriously amazing. GO YOU. I have no help for the charliehorses but the other commenters seem to know what they're talking about. So definitely try what you can - it can only help! You've inspired me to go for a run today (even though I don't want to)

Sarah and Derek said...

Taking note on people's suggestions for Charlie horses. I got a horrible 1 yesterday morning and wanted to cry it hurt so bad! I try to not point my toes when I stretch my legs in the morning and I stretch slowly. that seems to usually help but I will have to try the banana thing. does that mean I need to keep a banana beside my bed to eat before I stretch?!

christa said...

You are awesome! When's your half? Are you sharing baby girl names yet?