Turkey Taco Bites
- yellow onion (optional)
- minced garlic (optional)
- one pound ground turkey
- taco seasoning
- can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- can of corn, drained
- whole wheat tortillas (or whatever kind you like)
- shredded Mexican blend cheese
- If you are using onion and garlic (my mom did) saute those in a large skillet. Then brown your turkey and drain.
- Add the taco seasoning and cook according to the package directions.
- Dump in the black beans and corn, heat through.
- Cut out small tortilla circles (I believe my mom used a biscuit cutter? I'm sure a round cookie cutter would do. But think the size of a biscuit). Press into mini muffin pans.
- Fill the tortilla cups with the taco filling. Top with a little spoonful of salsa and a sprinkling of cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 10 minutes. Let them cool a bit, and dig in!