July 29, 2013

i'm so boring

Blech.  I am so SICK of eggs for breakfast.  I have scrambled eggs nearly every morning for breakfast.  I figure it is the easiest way to get in some protein, and since I only do one egg plus egg whites I can keep the calories low.  But I think I've only got a few more days in me of eggs for breakfast before I lose my mind.  I haven't been doing the best eating clean or whole foods lately, so I figured what the heck, I'd just have peanut butter toast.  Except my body apparently doesn't like bread in the morning anymore.  What gives?  My stomach gets all eeew, gluten on me or something.  So now I'm half heartedly on the search for new easy breakfast options.  I would go the smoothie route, except I think I'd be sad if I didn't get to actually chew my breakfast.  Is that dumb?

Now that I'm thinking about it though, if I could have a smoothie and some bacon for breakfast, I'd be content for a while.  Because bacon.  Yum.

But cooking bacon for one seems like a waste of time/mess/etc...

Can you tell I didn't really have anywhere I wanted to go with this post?  Ha.

Looking back at my goals this week I didn't do too terrible.  I managed four runs totaling 14.65 miles, but other than that I didn't do much.  So I failed at the whole strength workout thing.  One day I did do a total of 100 sit-ups and 40 push-ups, but...  Reading some of the posts that were linked up from last week is making me antsy to up my mileage.  If only got 14 total on my calendar again for this week, but maybe I'll shoot for a touch more.  I think I'd like my base to be 15 miles a week, and just add from there if I am training for something.  Oh, also, I did succeed in losing a pound this week. Two goals out of three isn't terrible (although by school standards I failed, didn't I?  sad.)

Goals for this week:

-lose one pound
-four runs totaling 15+ miles
-one strength workout
-one new breakfast

Has anyone else started training for fall races?  Following a plan in particular?

 

Link up your health and fitness related posts below!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I eat a lot of smoothies, or eggs over hash, over a leftover hamburger patty, or deviled eggs made with avocado!

Tracey said...

Have you tried tha precooked bacon? It is pretty good and EZ!

Jenny said...

A couple breakfast ideas for you:

The first is to throw some veggies in with your scrambled eggs for some variety. You can use peppers, onion, tomato, mushrooms, spinach, really whatever you like. You can keep a few days worth chopped in a container in the fridge, so it doesn't take much extra work in the morning. Then either start to scramble the eggs and throw in the veggies, or fry the veggies for a bit first, then toss in the eggs on top, depending on how cooked you want them. Kind of like an omelet, but without all the fuss.

And for bacon, what I do is fry up a pound or two at a time in half-slice sizes, then drain it and wait for it to come to room temperature, then (summoning all your willpower to not eat it all right then) put it in a ziploc bag in the freezer. Then you can just pull out a slice or two at a time and microwave for several seconds and it is almost as good as fresh. If you drain it well and cool it, it doesn't stick together much in the freezer. You only have to put in the time and deal with the mess once, and you will have several days worth of bacon.

How about yogurt (greek for extra protein) and fruit, maybe with granola, or are you still avoiding dairy?

Smoothie and bacon sounds like a great breakfast to me.

Liz Runningmomma said...

I felt the same way when I read the post about marathon running, it made me want to train for and run another! I was at 12-15 miles too all the way up until 6 months postpartum. It's just so hard when you're getting no sleep!

Unknown said...

thanks for your comment, Ashley! I thought I was doing good by eating less, but I see your point now! Thanks- I appreciate the motivation!