November 8, 2012

that's what she said

Me:  "That is a fuel truck.  It is carrying some sort of fuel that makes things go."
Ryann:  "A fuel truck?"
Me:  "Yep, a fuel truck.  Like cars use gas as fuel.  Some trains use steam or coal.  You use fuel too you know.  Food is your fuel."
Ryann:  "Food?"
Me:  "Yep, food gives you energy."
Ryann:  "Energy for, my bum?"
Me:  dumfounded

Me:  "What kind of birthday party should we have this year Ryann?"
Papa:  "How about, a T-Rex party?" they had recently downloaded talking T-Rex on the iPad
Ryann:  "Yes!  A dinosaur party!"
Me:  "A dinosaur party? through gritted teeth Thanks papa."
Ryann:  "A dinosaur party."
Me:  "Well, let's look at pinterest and see if there is anything you like." starts scrolling through my celebrate board
Ryann:  "What's that?!?"
Me:  "That?  Glitter."
Ryann:  "Can I have that too?"
Me:  "Glitter?  You want glitter?  So, uh, dinosaurs and glitter?"
Ryann:  "Yeah."
Me:  wheels start turning "I think we can work with that."

And I have two stories I have to get written down... On Sunday (when it was 80 degrees in Georgia, not 60!) we went to the beach.  Ryann had a blast, and got completely covered in sand.  It was also the first time she had worn a swimsuit without underwear, so there was sand, well, everywhere.  When we got back to my parents' house we stripped off all her clothes so we could spray her down with the hose before bringing her inside.  Surprisingly she really enjoys being blasted with the hose.  I have no idea why.  Well this time she started dancing around while getting sprayed, shaking her butt and singing, "tushy tushy bum bum! tushy tushy bum bum!"  Oy, my kid.  But then, then when my dad had stopped spraying her and was cleaning something else, she bends over sticking her butt out as far as she can says, "Do it again Papa.  Spray my BUM!"  Seriously, how does the ridiculous obsession with bums and potty humor start so early??

Recently I purchased a sight words video for Ryann.  Last night we were out to dinner with my parents and some of their friends.  In an attempt to keep Ryann entertained, I started writing sight words on the table.  The first one I wrote down was and.  My dad, being the funny guy that he is, says "watch this," and proceeds to add a y to the end of the word.  "Now it says my name, Andy."  And then Ryann completely lost her shit.  She was crying harder than I'd seen in a while, completely distraught over the fact that my dad had 'ruined' her sight word.  He tried scribbling it out.  "It is still there!!!!!"  More sobbing and tears.  I tried covering it up with the kids menu.  It worked for a second before she peeked under the menu and broke down again.  We tried writing the word again, we said Papa would never write another y, a million other things, but she was pretty much inconsolable for a good five or so minutes.  All the while of course I'm trying not to laugh because seriously.  This much drama over a freaking y?  When we were finally getting in the car after dinner, my dad said something to the affect of Ryann not liking y's.  Her response?  "Well, I still like the letter.  I just don't like it in that word."  Sheesh.

11_08_12_blogpost
just some random shots off my phone, since I haven't shared those since, um, August?

3 comments:

Meredith said...

LOL.

These are all hilarious!

Jenny said...

Ha! I wondered what was up with all the dinosaurs on your Pinterest. Have you been to the Aesthetic Nest blog? She does amazing parties for her girls, and actually did a dinosaur party for her oldest daughter this year. It was really cute!
http://www.aestheticnest.com/2012/05/party-dinosaur-birthday-party-for-girls.html#

Erin said...

OMG the crazy minds of toddlers and the things they chose to flip out over! It's absurd!!