June 27, 2011

two steps forward...

...and one step back.  This is how I feel like I've been moving in regards to this whole weight loss thing lately.  I do great, and then I indulge a bit, then I have to make up for it.

I was seriously having a kick a$$ week, and then Chris and I celebrated our anniversary (which is tomorrow!) at The Capitol Grille.  HELLO AMAZING FOOD.  Seriously.  It was quite the indulgence.  Bread.  Lobster Bisque.  Citrus Glazed Salmon.  (A wee bit of veggies)  Lobster Macaroni.  So freaking good.  I enjoyed every bit of it.

Thankfully I had hit the gym Saturday morning for my first class, No Limits Circuit.  I would compare it to the 30 Day Shred video, except instead of only lasting 20 minutes, it is an entire hour.  I'm sore today.  It feels good.  Sunday I spent some time on the stair machine, and got in a 20 minute run.  So the damage wasn't near as bad as it could have been.

As of today my total lost is 28.8 pounds.  I am 3.6 pounds from my goal.  3.6!!!  I'm so happy/proud/excited.  BUT... do you know all the tasty deliciousness my mom puts together for the 4th?  It is pretty awesome.  So I have a feeling this week will be all about kicking some butt, indulging this weekend, and paying for it next week.  But I refuse to deny myself all of the goodness that I always enjoy this weekend.

I'm finally starting to enjoy all of this fitness stuff (still not as much the healthy food stuff, but maybe I'll get there).  As in, I look forward to working out.  Taking that group class on Saturday felt amazing.  I get antsy to go get my sweat on.  Pounding it out at the gym is such a release.  I just really hope Ryann can tough it out in the child care center.  Like I mentioned, the first time she fell and got a bloody nose.  We actually think her shoes were the culprit, two pairs that she has seem to be a bit slippery.  The second time I had to change her diaper (but it had been 35 minutes!), they told me she had been crying on and off, but she was ok.  I decided to just take her when I changed her.  Today... today she only lasted 17 minutes before I got paged.  They said she wouldn't stop crying :o(.

She was actually telling me she wanted to go home as soon as we were walking in the doors to the gym.  When we got to the child care center she was still saying home over and over again, but I told her mommy needed to go run and she said ok, and even though her eyes were a bit watery, she still got down and played.  But apparently she just couldn't handle it.  I'm crossing my fingers that it gets better, because getting up before her isn't an option.  Have we talked about how she wakes up between 5:30 and 6?  I'm not getting up at 4:30 to go to the gym.  Not happening.  I'm motivated, but definitely not that motivated.

Before I get my butt kicked by Jillian I'll leave you with this:


I think I might actually be feeling optimistic lately.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

I feel like I'm doing the two steps forward and one step back thing too...I've been doing awesome on doing Insanity solo, but my knee is majorly effed up right now, and I think I have to take a break...which I am SO MAD about. Ugh. I've got 3 some pounds from my first goal too, and it feels like I will NEVER get there.

Sharstin said...

I think your anniversary is the perfect time for a lil splurge:) you are doing amazing!! Go girly!!

Joi said...

You're an inspiration, girl! I have started tracking my food on myfitnesspal app and I have really got back into working out! I'm hoping to drop 52 pounds in my journey!