November 26, 2011

becoming fearless

Yesterday we arrived at a birthday party late because it started in the middle of naptime.  Festivities were in full swing and there was a small crowd of people.  I put Ryann down and pointed her towards the other children and off she went.  Barley looking back.

She did search for me one more time, but as soon as she knew I was there she was off again.  Exploring what the other children were doing, playing with toys, being her own independent little person.  I swear it was just last month that her little fingers were constantly gripping my shirt, or grabbing my hand and pulling me along as her little security blanket.  Now?  Now she doesn't always need her mama for reassurance.

I am so proud of her.  Occasionally she still clings to me, but for the most part, she is becoming fearless in situations and can definitely hold her own.  There is no doubt in my mind that spending time in the gym daycare and mother's day out have contributed to her confidence.  At the gym she runs through the doors full force, filled with excitement to play and see her favorite care givers.  Last week at 'school' when I asked for a kiss goodbye?  "Just go mama," and she was off playing (I swear she is already going on 13).

IMG_4912
IMG_4927
IMG_4953
she saw papa pull into the driveway.  this kid LOVES her papa.

She is growing and changing so fast.  I can't keep up. 

4 comments:

jessica ♥ The Fevered Pen said...

She is so adorable! I remember when Nolan first started becoming more independent. Even still, I'll watch him do something I didn't expect him to be able to do yet...it's a crazy feeling!

Chelsea said...

Aw doesn't it both warm and break your heart??

Whit said...

The picture of Ryann seeing her Papa pull up is so heart-warming. True love right there!

Dani @ Cloud 8½ said...

The Papa excitement is palpable and absolutely adorable.