July 30, 2012

ryann's second birthday - alphabet party invitations

Guess what I finally did.  Found the invitations from Ryann's birthday party.  They were cleverly placed in an unmarked bag with a whole bunch of other design stuff that I saved as samples.  I was obviously thinking ahead and putting them with like objects.  Good plan, good plan...

Anyway, here are my terrible photos of the invitations:

AlphabetPartyInvites
AlphabetPartyInvites2

The illustration was inspired by Melissa of I Still Love You's invitations for her daughter's birthday party.  Hers is much better than mine of course, but I think you still get the idea.  I combined that with the idea of a letter flash card to get the whole look.

I spent a long time trying to figure out the best way to get the illustration the way I wanted, and ultimately settled with just tracing a photo taken by Anne Pendleton Photography in illustrator.  I am not all that proficient in illustrator so it took me a while, but it works for me.

To see more from Ryann's party, go here!

No comments: