August 29, 2013

the real deal.

Ryann has been attending a mother's day out program for the last two years.  So when I signed her up for the preschool program at the same church, I didn't think much of it.  Yeah, she'd be going twice a week in the 'school' wing and yadda yadda, but I just didn't put much thought into it.  Then all of the sudden there was parent orientation and a calendar of events with class parties and a Christmas program and parent teacher conferences and all of the sudden I'm like 'crap.  this is the real deal.'  Despite my best efforts, when I posed Ry on the driveway for her first day of school picture, my eyes welled up a bit.

IMG_3655
first day of preschool, 08.20.13

When the heck did she get so grown up?!?

Ryann can be absolutely infuriating at times.  She knows how to push every last button and grate on every single nerve.  But she is also one of the most amazing little girls that I have ever met.  She is learning to read, sounds out letters and words like a champ, can write almost any letter relatively legibly, talks like a mini adult.  Her love for her sister is beautiful (minus the part where she won't share toys and thinks EVERYTHING is hers, but for reals, she loves her).  Even at the end of the day when I'm exhausted and can't deal with any more dramatic meltdowns over the littlest things, I crawl in bed and smile, thinking of her.

IMG_3670
IMG_3676

Ry Ry, I love you so much.  I can't believe you're big enough to go to preschool.  I swear you were just my baby.  Keep on walking to the beat of your own drum girlfriend.

2 comments:

Sweet As Boys said...

she has grown up SO much! i wish we had an MDO program close to me, my little boy needs the interaction. happy first day of preschool miss r, she's going to blow everyone away!

Baby Mama said...

so cute and I feel the same way about my 3 year old. He takes me to the deep end every.single.day, but I just can't help being obsessed with him!