August 30, 2013

road trip

Last weekend we traveled to Omaha for our annual family golf tournament.  I have zero interest in golf, but I'm down with the family part.  It was Elsie's first longish car trip, and I was terrified.  That girl does NOT sleep well in her carseat.  The way out she made it about 90 minutes, the way back?  30.  30 freaking minutes of our three hour drive.  Thankfully she didn't scream the entire time or anything, but she was definitely getting pissed by the time we got home.

While we were there we visited the Omaha Zoo.  They currently have a dinosaur exhibit with 15 giant animated dinosaurs.  Ryann was in HEAVEN.  Seriously.  The dinos were really cool, they looked like they were breathing and everything.  We also really enjoyed the aquarium, as usual (how cute was Ryann the last time we visited the Omaha Zoo?).  I was very proud of Elsie, we were there for close to four hours, and she was a champ on minimal sleep and a lot of heat.

Unfortunately we didn't get to spend too much time in the evenings hanging out with my family because Elsie has gotten to the point where if she's up past 7:30 she is just done.  Really 7:00-7:15, but we milked another 15 minutes out of her.  Nonetheless we still had fun.  There isn't much else to say, so I'll let the pictures do the talking.  Please note the awkward hug between Ryann and her cousin (second cousin?  I don't know, my cousin's kid).  Ryann was pretty smitten with her, I'm not sure the feeling was completely mutual :o).

IMG_3792
IMG_3806
IMG_3817
IMG_3838
IMG_3871
IMG_3882
IMG_3887
IMG_3913
IMG_3951
IMG_4011_web
IMG_4017
IMG_4026

No comments: