February 23, 2015

fifteen weeks

I'm going to be back dating all my weekly pregnancy posts over the next couple of days, but here is the most recent!

written February 20th

Baby3_15Weeks

My monthly doctor's appointment was on Wednesday.  All was well, blood pressure was 124/82 (however the nurse always takes my blood pressure immediately after weighing me and having me go to the bathroom, so I think in theory it should be lower), baby's heart rate was great and I didn't really have anything to complain about.  I was in and out of the office in approximately seven minutes.  I did run into a mom who goes to the same office when I was picking Ryann up from preschool.  She informed me she saw me heading out, and that I should count myself lucky, as my doctor had to run over and deliver a baby immediately after my appointment and set the entire office back an hour and a half.  Whew!

how far along:  15 weeks (compare to 15 weeks with Ryann, 15 weeks with Elsie)

size of babyaccording to the bump a naval orange, about 4 inches long and weighing 2.5 ounces.  It's funny, but since not that long ago the baby was merely a fraction of an inch, 4 inches sounds huge.  Baby's body proportions are nearing normal, and all of the joints and limbs can now move.

weight gain:  4 pounds.  I can't. stop. eating.  And then I feel like I want to puke because I ate too much.  So fun!  Ha.

maternity clothes:  I haven't ventured into the maternity pants, or needed to really, but I have been wearing some of my tops.  I just feel like all my shirts are too short and I want stuff that is a little looser.  I don't NEED maternity clothes, if I could find some longer tops or cute tunics those would probably work better.

symptoms:  Pregnancy wise my symptoms have been pretty good this past week.  Still tired, get the occasional headache, but I feel a little bit more normal.  My belly is getting a little bigger, and making sleep uncomfortable, so that kind of sucks.  When my doctor was looking for the heart beat she said 'oh wow, I can feel your uterus right there.'  I kind of wanted to ask if I should be alarmed by that, but I highly doubt it.  It is just pretty dang hard.  Chris says he can tell the difference when he hugs me.

I do have a pretty horrible head cold this week and it is driving me insane.

exercise:  Not my best week, but it could have been worse.  I ran 7.5 miles, walked 2.3 miles and did one barbell class.  My dad got a fitbit flex from work that he didn't think he'd use, so I snagged it.  So now my goal is to get 70,000 steps a week this pregnancy.  It's amazing to me that even on the days that I run 3ish miles, I have to try to hit that 10,000 steps.  It isn't easy!

cravings/aversions:  Fruit and ice cream.  And I randomly felt the urge for breakfast sausage with syrup.  Haha.

movement:  nope

sleep:  I've been waking up at 3am and staying awake for two ish hours.  So annoying and so exhausting.  I just feel like crap from the cold when I wake up and I can't get comfortable.

gender:  Girl!

looking forward to:  We made some more decisions on our house that we're renovating and I just can't wait to work on it more.  I'm also ready to get to Georgia today!

worries:  Not much really.  I'm excited AND stressed about decorating all the rooms in our new house.

what's different this time:  I don't remember my belly being uncomfortable at this point.  I've also gained more weight than with the other two.  Maybe that has something to do with it?  Whoops.  Also this is the least concerned I've been with a pregnancy and eventual labor and delivery.

best moment this week: Is it sad that all my best moments are related to our new house?  Seeing the progress they've made is so exciting.  Also watching Ryann's first dance competition was fun.  It was mildly stressful because she hates the eye make-up, but they were so cute on stage.

2 comments:

KellytheCulinarian said...

FYI, you are the cutest pregnant person I know. Congratulations on your growing family!

Sweet As Boys said...

Gorgeous as always. Love your pregnancy posts :)