February 27, 2015

sixteen weeks

Baby3_16Weeks

how far along:  16 weeks (compare to 16 weeks with Ryann, 16 weeks with Elsie)

size of babyaccording to the bump an avocado, about 4.6 inches long and weighing 3.5 ounces.  Baby can now hear my voice, is growing hair, lashes and eyebrows and is forming taste buds.

weight gain:  We'll pretend 5 pounds.  But I don't have a scale and we're on vacation so that number could be a heck of a lot worse.  Oh well.

maternity clothes:  My pants still fit completely fine, for the most part anyway.  And don't bother me.  But I like wearing my maternity tops.  Just for the length.

symptoms:  Headaches and fatigue.  Neither or awful, but I love a good nap.

exercise:  Ran a total of 11.5 miles.  According to my fitbit I've walked 80,505 steps this past week.  Not too shabby.  It would have been a lot more if it had actually been warmer while we've been in Georgia.  It is certainly warmer than home but I'm not one to be outside so much when it is 45-50 degrees.

cravings/aversions:  Nothing really.

movement:  I swear that I was able to feel a few kicks yesterday.  I was almost positive that is what I was feeling.  But it hasn't happened since.  So who knows.  This would be by far the earliest I've felt movement.

sleep:  Meh.

gender:  Girl :o).

looking forward to:  Getting home to my doppler.  I only use it twice a week, but it will have been 10+ days since I've used it, and I'm starting to feel antsy.  I don't really have any strong symptoms, and I can't guarantee I've felt movement.  So the doppler is my reassurance.

worries:  I always have a slight worry in the back of my mind that something is going to go wrong and we'll some how lose the baby.  But for the most part anything I'm worrying about lately is moving/renovating related.

what's different this time:  I'm still feeling so removed from this pregnancy.  Like it isn't happening.  I'm thrilled, and the little bump makes it a bit more real.  But it's just weird.  Also no serious cravings at all.

best moment this week:  Ryann has pretty much become obsessed with her baby sister.  She constantly wants to snuggle with my belly and 'keep her baby sister warm'.  She talks about her a lot.  It has the potential to get annoying, but for now it is really cute.  Also just being on the beach earlier this week was wonderful and relaxing.  It's been nice to not have a schedule for a bit.  But I'm glad we usually have a schedule.  :o)

No comments: