February 13, 2015

fourteen weeks

I kept hoping I'd get in the habit of taking my picture in the black dress like I did with Elsie, but it always seemed like way too much work, then I lost the dang dress for like a month, so mirror selfies plus the occasional fancy weekly pic is just how it's going to be.  Oh well!

Baby3_14Weeks
14 weeks 4 days

how far along:  14 weeks (compare to 14 weeks with Ryann, 14 weeks with Elsie)

size of babyaccording to the bump a lemon, about 3.4 inches long and weighing 1.5 ounces.  Baby is growing lanugo and his or her kidneys are making urine.  Yay.  :o)

weight gain:  3.5 pounds.  Somebody hide the dang cookie and chips in my house please oh please!!  Chips are so good right now.  Not so good for the weight gain.

maternity clothes:  I've been wearing some tops here and there but really just because they're longer.  My pants don't really feel tight at all for the most part, so that's good I guess.

symptoms: I generally have a gross taste in my mouth, and I've had a ton of headaches this week.  But I'm attributing that to lack of sleep and too much sugar rather than being pregnant.

exercise:  This week was for sure better than my zero last week!  Still not wonderful but whatever.  I ran about 10 miles and walked another mile.  Running is getting so much harder though.  I feel like I am so slow, and I get tired quickly.  And I'm just annoyed that it is cold.  Where the heck is spring?  I mean I know it is only February but I am so over cold temps.

cravings/aversions:  Fruit and chips.

movement:  nope

sleep:  It hasn't been too bad, I've just stayed up too late doing things so I'm not sleeping enough.  Although one night I did sleep almost 10 hours straight and I was still ridiculously tired.

gender:  It's a girl!

looking forward to:  Decorating our new house (although that is a wee bit stressful) and going to Georgia.  BRING IT ON.

worries:  That my house will never ever ever EVER be clean when we have three children.  I have a hard enough time as it is keeping things picked up.  But I suppose there are worse things in life so I'll get over it.

what's different this time:  Knowing what we're having so early!

best moment this week:  Sharing the news with the girls, and the rest of the world.  I'm hoping the pregnancy will start to feel a little more real.  Also Ryann has hugged and kissed my belly more than once now, and it is just the sweetest.  It is so fun that she is older and can understand.  She is excited and can't wait for my belly to get big and to feel the baby move.  I love it.

No comments: