April 14, 2015

renovation progress

Some days it seems like so much gets done on the house, and some days I feel like this dang reno is taking forever.  But hey, we don't need to actually live there for another few months so I suppose it is alright.  I thought I'd throw up some progress photos for fun though!

One of the most exciting things, is that our kitchen cabinets were delivered last week.  They still haven't put in all the drawers or doors so it is tough to see how they're really going to look, but I'm SO EXCITED.  Originally we were planning to go with bar pulls for the drawers and cabinets, but now I'm second guessing that decision.  My contractor said they haven't drilled the holes yet, so he is going to hold off.  Just not sure what would happen to the pulls that were ordered with the cabinets...

kitchenprogress3
back of the house, sink wall
kitchenprogress2
opposite the sink wall, with the microwave and fridge
ktichenprogress1
where the double oven will go

I'm so in love with the glass front cabinets.  There is just so much storage in general, and I can't wait to have a place to display some of my serving pieces and cake plates.  This is the lighting we've chosen for the space.  The glass pendant chandelier will go over the island, with the, globes?, hung at varying lengths, and the drum will go over the eat-in table.

kitchenlighting

And just for a refresher, a couple of kitchen photos from the listing:

housekitchen2
housekitchen3

We ended up going with Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter for the paint color throughout most of the main floor.  I was having such a hard time picking for the kitchen, family room and back hallway, and after they painted the entry and we loved it, it just seemed to make the most sense.  Here is the family room as it is right now, some entry progress as well as the listing photo.

familyroomprogress
houseentryprogress1
houseentryprogress
houseentry

The master went Benjamin Moore's Rockport Gray...

housemasterprogress
housemasterbed2

And Elsie's room got refreshing coat (or two or three, thanks mom!) of Benjamin Moore's Gray Owl...

elsiesroomprogress
elsiesroomold

The playroom will also be getting the gray owl treatment.  We've picked most of the paint colors for the house, we just need to get to work painting the rest of the walls.  Most of the master bath items have been chosen, and I can't wait to see that come together.  It took probably at least four layout attempts before I settled on something I liked.  We aren't putting a tub back in the space, which I was a little leary of at first, but now we'll be getting a really awesome shower plus a linen closet, and I'm very excited.

Hopefully there is even more progress to be seen this weekend!

4 comments:

Sweet As Boys said...

Looks amazing!! Love all the grays and the crisp white. And that fireplace is pretty much stunning. What color white did you go with for your trim work throughout? Is it white or more of an ivory? If you don't mind me asking ;)

Ashley said...

I believe the color of the trim is Benjamin Moore Simply White. I could be wrong on that one, because I went with what was suggested to me and didn't actually 'pick' it myself if that makes sense. But it sounds right. It is definitely a white white!

Sweet As Boys said...

Makes total sense :). Thank you for responding! Such a fun venture you guys are upon. :)

Kelly said...

I don't know if you saw my message on FB but we used your fireplace as the template for our new living room reno! I'll have to send you pics when they start working. We won't have the raised hearth but otherwise it will be the same fireplace ;)