April 11, 2015

twenty-two weeks

Baby3_22Weeks


how far along:  22 weeks (compare to 22 weeks with Ryann, 22 weeks with Elsie)

size of baby:  Who the heck knows.  The bump says a papaya and around 11 inches, What to Expect says a spaghetti squash, but only 8 inches.  She's growing, and is comparable to the size of some sort of food item.  But I'm not sure which one.  :o) 

weight gain:  15 pounds.  I... just... I'm really enjoying food.  Whatever.

maternity clothes:  NOTHING IS COMFORTABLE.  But yes, maternity clothes.  Hopefully when my mom is back in town I can con her into another trip to the maternity store.  :o)

symptoms:  Just general uncomfortableness, nothing terrible, nothing great.

exercise:  Pretty much just walking now. 79,169 steps this week.

cravings/aversions:  I had some strawberry lemonade from Wendy's and that was pretty tasty.  Wouldn't mind some more.  Basically though, food.  Food is good.

movement:  Some days it is really strong and catches me off guard, and sometimes I don't feel her very much at all.  Often it is just a lot of pressure in various areas, as opposed to distinct jabs or kicks.  I told Christopher the other night I felt like she was stretched out in a giant X, because there was pressure on both my hip bones and up in my ribs.

sleep:  Not great, but not terrible.  Sometimes I stay up too late because I don't want to get ready for bed, despite the fact that I'm super tired.  Stupid.  Or I just pass out on the couch and wake up a few hours later.

gender:  Girl #3.  I get at least one 'bless your heart' or 'your poor husband' every day.  Three girls is going to be a blast, I just know it.

looking forward to:  Truthfully, I'm looking forward to September.  Ok maybe July, I could maybe handle July.  April, May and June just look too stressful.  So much to get done right now, so many decisions to be made.  I just don't wanna.  But I'm also determined to enjoy these last three months of living in KC so I better suck it up.

worries:  Lots of random stuff.  But I would say all that random stuff is just occupying my brain, not really making me worry in particular.  I'm stressed, but not worried, if that makes any sense.

what's different this time:  I'm pretty much still in disbelief that in probably 17 weeks or less I'll give birth to another little girl.  I simply cannot imagine it.  Can't picture our life with three kiddos.  It will be awesome, and amazing, I know it will.  But it still seems so surreal.  Also I feel like I've been to the doctor a lot less for myself.  That's cool. 

best moment this week:  Finding out that Elsie is really only allergic to cats was pretty stellar.  We don't have to worry as much about having her outside.

1 comment:

Liz Runningmomma said...

People's comments about you having 3 girls must be frustrating! I know you will love it!!! I did the same thing not wanting to go to bed when pregnant. Getting ready for bed just seemed like too much work. I'd regret it every morning!